|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organization : Institute of Mathematics Education
Olympiad Name :Junior Maths Olympiad JMO 2017
Applicable For : Scholars of Std. V to VIII (SSC, CBSE, ICSE Board)
Application Last Date : 31st October, 2016
Exam Date : Sunday, 05-02-2017
Website : http://www.imethane.in/jmo2017.htm
Junior Maths Olympiad:
1. Candidate selected from MAT2016 that means scored 60% & above.
Related / Similar Contest : AAM RMO Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2016
2. To appear for the above final contest every student studying from V to VIII Std. will have to qualify himself or herself at first through MATHS APTITUDE TEST which will be conducted on every academic year.
Day & Date : Sunday, 5th February 2017 Time :10.00 to 12.00
Last Date of Submitting of Application : 31st October, 2016
Group I – STD V and VI (Primary Level)
Group II – STD VII and VIII (Higher Primary Level)
Pattern & Contest:
1. Students will enjoy the contest of mathamatics for 2 hours only.
2. There will be 15 to 17 questions totally. Question paper & answersheet together.
3. Logical approach, steps are expected for questions, space is provided to write them
4. For rough work purpose, blank pages are attached or space will be provided. No objective MCQ
Entry Fees : JMO Rs. 300/-
Syllabus for JMO :
Group I – Std V and VI:
Divisibility, Number Theory, Series of Numbers, Numbers and Basic Operations, Cryptarithmatic, Magic Square and similar Sums, Number Puzzles, Geometry
Group II -Std VII and VIII:
Divisibility, Divisors and Prime Numbers, G.C.D. and L.C.M., Properties of numbers, Sequences and Series (A.P., G.P. and H.P.), Various Types of Equations, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, Number Theory, Geometrical Sums
How to enter for JMO- 2017:
Schools are going to receive result of MAT 2016 and hence, Principal / Maths Teacher is expected to enhance these selected students to fill up admission Forms enclosed with the result and School Teacher may collect filled forms along with Rs. 300/- entry fees and submit to the principal.
How to send Entries :
1. Submit forms and cash to the office on the above address.
2.Take D. D. from any nationalized bank of total amount at Rs. 300/- per student and send it to the office by courier with forms duly filled.
Result of JMO – 2017 Contest will be declared on website and will be informed to the respective schools; after a month
Awards oAwards or Prizes :
1. Ramanujan Scholarship of Rs.1000/- with Certificate of honour and gold medal will be awarded.
2. Kaprekar Scholarship of Rs. 500/- will be awarded Certificate and silver medal will be awarded.
3. Consolation Certificate and prize will be awarded to the successful candidate.