|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organization : Ignited Mind Lab
Competition Name : Mental Maths Competition 2016
Applicable For : Students studying in Class I to VII.
Exam Date : 27th November, 2016
Website : http://www.ignitedmindlab.com/header/competitions
Download Application Form : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/15490-Form.pdf
Ignited Mind Lab Mental Maths Competition
Registrations for Mental Maths Competition – 2016 have started from 1st June, 2016.
Related / Similar Post :
Ignited Mind Lab Mental Maths Competition Result 2019
Fees for Examination is Rs. 400 /- (incl. study materials cost).
** Application Form can be downloaded from Dowload option in Menu or Quick Links section (see at bottom right corner of this page).
** Students may register online. Click “Buy online” option of main Menu.
** Henceforth, there will not be Grand Finale round for Class 1 & 2 students. Also, there will not be cash prizes for those students. However, outperformers will be awarded medals.
** Total marks will be 100 for all classes.
** For class 1, there will be 100 questions of 1 mark each.
** For class 2 to 7, there will be 2 sections – A & B. Section A will have 50 questions of 1 mark each. Section B will have 25 questions of 2 marks each. This section will have Higher Order Thinking questions.
** For class 1, format of question paper has changed. Now, it will be MCQ format (Multiple Choice Questions) and children will have to tick the correct answer.
** Time duration of examination : First round – 60 minutes, Grand Finale – 45 minutes
** Cut-off marks for Grand Finale: Class 1 & 2 – No Grand Finale, Class 3 & 4 – 90 / 100, Class 5, 6 & 7 – 80 / 100
** Students (Class 1 to 7) scoring full marks in first round will be awarded Gift Vouchers of Rs. 200 each.
1. Mental Maths Competition is for students studying in Class I to VII.
2. Students should register through their schools only. However, students residing in Mumbai Metropolitan Region can apply directly.
3. After enrolment, 3 workbooks and a model paper will be provided to prepare for the examination. The study material / worksheets are designed in such a way that students can study and practice on their own – without much support from parents or teachers. Learning on their own makes a great experience for them. Early success in problem solving enhances their self esteem and encourages them to solve even more challenging problems.
4. First round examination details:-
a. The examination will be held in the month of November / December.
b. Time duration will be 1 hour. Total Marks 100 for all classes.
c. No negative marking for first round of examination.
5. Management reserves right to change date and/or venue due to unforeseen events.
6. Successful students will get certificate. Students scoring cut-off marks and above will be selected for “Grand Finale” which will be held on 5th February, 2017.
7. Cut-off marks for Grand Finale :-
a. Class 1 & 2 : No Grand Finale
b. Class 3 & 4 : 90 / 100
c. Class 5 – 7 : 80 / 100
8. Grand Finale key points:-
a. Time duration is 45 minutes. Total marks will be same as first round.
b. Negative marking system:- Half mark will be reduced for every wrong answer.
c. Syllabus will be same as first round but with increased level of difficulty
9. Top three positions in Grand Finale will be awarded cash prizes :
a. 1st prize – Rs. 10,000 /-
b. 2nd prize – Rs. 5,000 /-
c. 3rd prize – Rs. 3,000 /-
d. Other meritorious students (Rank 4 – 25) will be awarded Medals and Certificates of Merit.
If there is a tie, first round marks will be considered to resolve the tie. If a tie for any position remains unresolved, ALL prizes for that Class will be recomputed and distributed as per the method described on website. Please note that there will not be any cash prizes for Class I & II, top 50 students will be awarded medals.
10. Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances. Admission is not transferrable.