|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organization : Acharyakulam, Haridwar
Competition Name : CBSE National Yoga Championship 2016-17
Competition Dates : 18th Nov to 21st Nov, 2016
Website : http://acharyakulam.org/
Notification : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/16041-Yoga.pdf
Rules : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/16041-Rules.pdf
Registration Process: https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/16041-Registration.pdf
National Yoga Championship:
CBSE National Yoga Championship is going to be organized by Acharyakulam, Haridwar during 18th Nov to 21st Nov, 2016. The teams will have to report on 17th Nov 2016 by 2:00pm. A meeting of Managers and Coaches will be held on 17th Nov in the evening. The exact time will be intimated later on.
Communication of the Venue school:
Acharyakulam, Patanjali Yogpeeth Phase II, Bahadrabad, Haridwar, Uttrakhand (18 Kilometer from Haridwar Railway Station, 15 Kilometer from Roorkee Railway Station on Delhi-Haridwar National Highway-58). The reporting campus i.e. Patanjali Yogpeeth Phase II is located just on the National Highway.
Rules of the Competition, Age group/Syllabus etc. (Boys & Girls):
The competition shall be conducted according to the following rules:
1. The championship will be held directly at National level.
2. The championship will be held for only under 19 years age category.
3. Separate championship will be held for Boys & Girls category.
4. A team shall consists of maximum five players in each category (04 Playing + 01 Extra).
5. Entries from total 125 Boys Teams/Schools and 125 Girls Teams/Schools will be accepted on first-confirmed-first-selected basis. (The number of entries being accepted is only for this year as a special case. However, the same is subject to change next year).
6. The competition will be held separately in Girls & Boys Category for “Team” & “Individual” Championships.
7. All members of team shall wear same colour Uniform, preferably Cycling Shorts & T-Shirts.
8. List of Asanas :-
Boys Category: Compulsory Surya Namaskar (12 stages), Titibhasana, Mrigasana, Paschimottanasana, Bhunamanasana, Padahastasana, Likarasana, Purna Slabhasana, Purna Chakrasana, Dimbasana, Purna Dhanurasana, Baddha Vihangasana, Utthita Kurmasana, Omkarasana, Purna Matsyendrasana, Urdhav Kukkutasana.
Girls Category: Compulsory Surya Namaskar (12 stages), Paschimottanasana, Bhadrasana, Karnapidasana, Padahastasana, Virbhadrasana, Makarasana, Purna Ushtrasana, Purna Dhanurasana, Dimbasana, Kukkutasana, Utthita Pada Hastasana, Vyagrasana, Setubandha Asana, Garbhasana
The photos of above Asanas will be uploaded soon on www.cbsesports.in for reference.
9. Team Championship- only 04 players out of the team shall perform together on the stage. The list of such 04 players from each team shall be submitted by the Coach/Manager of the Team before each round in the proforma provided by the Organizing School.
10. Every team shall perform compulsory Surya Namaskar (12 stages) & 05 Asanas to be selected by draw of lots. Every Performer on the stage shall be evaluated by a Judge separately. The total points scored by each Player shall be consolidated to decide the Team Championship.
11. Individual Championship – 02 Players to be nominated by each Team participating in Nationals shall be eligible to take part in the Individual Championship. Each Player shall perform compulsorily Surya Namaskar & 05 Asanas out of the remaining & to be selected by draw of lots.
12. The competition (team as well as individual championship) shall be conducted in 02 rounds namely preliminary round & final round. After the preliminary round, the top 12 High Scoring Teams/Individuals shall be selected for final round.
13. Scoring – Each Asana shall carry 10 marks; (i) Way of performing the asanas (starting & returning – 02 marks) (ii) Perfection of posture – 04 marks (iii) Exhibition of the posture – 02 marks & (iv) Fixed retention duration of the posture – 02 marks.
14. The Team/Individual will be given maximum 05 minutes to perform the Asanas. The final Asana posture shall be held for 20 sec.
15. All the Players while performing shall bear a Chest Number provided by the Organizing School.
** The competition shall be held directly at National Level.
** Before applying to participate, the schools should carefully go through the rules available on www.cbsesports.in .
** For number of teams to be accepted for participation in competition, too, the schools should go through the rules on the Board’s website.
** The fixed number (as per concerned discipline rules) of entries would be accepted strictly on first-come-first-serve basis.
** All such schools that are interested in participating in CBSE Yoga Nationals shall mail their Entry Proforma directly to the organizing school i.e. Acharyakulam, Haridwar.
** Also, bring this Entry proforma in original (having the signature of the Principal with stamp) while approaching at the concerned venue; the team photos with School Principal & supporting documents for age proof etc.
** Email the scanned details of the team members strictly in the following format directly to Organizing School at the email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org