Organisation : India Post
Competition Name : Mascot Design Competition for Postal life Insurance/Rural Postal Life Insurance 2017
Contest Last Date : 03-10-2017
Terms & Conditions : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/27275-PLI_Mascot.pdf
Website : https://www.indiapost.gov.in/vas/Pages/IndiaPostHome.aspx
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Mascot Design Competition :
Mascot Design Competition for Postal life Insurance/Rural Postal Life Insurance
Related : India Post Independence Day 2017 Photography Competition : www.contest.net.in/24440.html
1. Postal Life Insurance (PLI) is one of the oldest life insurers in India. It was introduced in India way back in 1884 by British as a welfare scheme for providing life cover to employees of the Department of Posts, and was extended to employees of the Telegraph Department in1888.
It now covers employees of Central and State Governments, Local Bodies, Central and State PSUs, Universities, Government aided Educational Institutions, Nationalized Banks, Officers and staff of Defence Services and Para-Military Forces etc. As on March 31, 2017, there are around 46.8 lakh PLI policies for an aggregate sum assured of Rs 1.13lakh crores.
2. Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) was introduced on March 24, 1995 following the recommendation of the Official Committee for Reforms in the Insurance Sector (Malhotra Committee).
In 1995, Malhotra Committee observed that only 22% of the insurable population in the country had been insured and life insurance funds accounted for only 10%of the gross household savings.
The Committee recommended that insurance cover of Department of Posts be provided to rural public as well, especially the weaker sections and women living in rural areas. Thus, RPLI is available to all residents of rural India i.e. residing outside the limits of a municipality.
As on March 31, 2017, there are around 1-46 crore RPLI policies for an aggregate sum assured of Rs / 84,000 crores.
3. As part of brand building exercise of PLI / RPLI, it is proposed to design a Mascot for PLI / RPLI. Most of Corporate brands world over are represented by a Mascot. A case in example is Air India, whose mascot is the Maharajah (Emperor). Air India adopted the Maharajah as its mascot in 1946.
It was used in promoting the Air India brand, although initially designed only for the airline’s memo-pads.
The Maharajah has recently been given an image makeover in 2015 and the brand is represented by a younger version. On similar lines, as part of exercise to build brand PLI / RPLI, it is being contemplated to design a Mascot for PLI / RPLI.
4. Entries are invited from members of the public for Mascot Design Competition of PLI/RPLI. The participants are to make an original design on this subject (should not be copy of an artwork designed by someone else). The design should be accompanied on a brief statement (approx. 200 words) on the proposed mascot design.
5. Any citizen of India can participate in this design contest. The design could be in ink, water colour, oil colour or any other medium (Computer printed/ printout will not be allowed).
6. The design submitted should be such, that can be depicted as a Mascot in a visually appealing manner so as to be of interest to the target customers of PLI / RPLI.
7. Participants are free to use drawing paper, art paper or any other type of white paper of A4 size.
9. An undertaking stating that the artwork submitted is original and no copyright issues are involved should be sent along with the artwork. A copy of the Undertaking to be furnished by all participants is attached below. Entries without such an undertaking will liable to be rejected summarily.
10. The design should be sent through “Speed Post” only, in A4 size envelope. The participants should mention “Mascot Design Competition” on the envelope in which the artwork is sent.
11. All the entries will be evaluated by a Committee duly constituted for the purpose. The prize-winning designs will be considered for developing Mascot of PLI / RPLI.
12. The prize money will be as follows: –
First prize Rs 25,000
Second prize Rs 15,000
Third prize (two in number) Rs 5,000 each
13. All entries should reach the following address by 03.10.2017. The entries received after last date of receipt will not be entertained.
Assistant Manager (I)
Directorate of Postal Life Insurance
Chanakyapuri Post Office Building, New Delhi-llo021