|Have questions? Please ask at the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Career Counseling sub-group under BOS,ICAI
Test Name : ICAI Commerce Wizard-2017 A Talent Search Test
Registration Last Date : 31st December, 2017
Terms & Conditions : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/28271-icw.pdf
Website : http://icw.icai.org/
ICAI Commerce Wizard Talent Search Test
The Commerce Talent Search Test called as Commerce Wizard -2017 is a diagnostic test that measures the concept understanding ability of a student. Unlike regular tests which try only to find out how much a child knows, this test measures how well a student has understood the concepts.
Update : ICAI Commerce Wizard 2019 A Talent Search Test : www.contest.net.in/40247.html
** The Commerce Wizard test will be a tool to educate, motivate the students of Country to achieve excellence in commerce stream
** The Commerce Wizard test will act as a tool for talent search in Commerce stream.
** The aforesaid test will facilitate selection of meritorious students to grant financial award as well recognition; in turn motivate to achieve excellence.
** The aforesaid test will Project ICAI as a premier accounting Body which can act as a tool for empowerment of the students.
Eligibility & Registration of Students
The registration is open to the Students appearing in class X/XI/XII and B.Com./BBA/BMS/Aliied Subjects Part I, Part II & Part III Examination. Students registered under open distance learning will also eligible for appearing in the aforesaid test.
Candidates must fill the registration forms through the dedicated website, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date. The Commerce Wizard will be conducted by means of in two levels i.e. Level I & Level II test.
Level I Test (Online) :
1. The online test is to be conducted through on-line arrangement through their laptop/desktop from his home or any other convenient place as per specified conditions of test management authorities.
2. Candidates will arrange their desktops/ own laptops etc. and data card/internet connectivity to take the online test.
3. The candidates will log into the application portal /web page in order to access link to the eligibility test via web. This link will be hosted on the Portal. On clicking on the link, the candidate will be redirected to the Online Test Portal.
4. The screen presented to the candidate should depict the Timer which should always be visible to the candidates.
5. Before start of the test, candidate will be required to enter the unique ID/ Roll No. and password to authenticate his candidature for taking the test. The password will be provided by the service provider on the spot on the date/ time of test.
6. The system should display instructions to candidates upon login and before start of examination. The candidate must be able to retrieve instructions at any time during the test as well.
7. At the designated time, the question paper will be made available for a total duration of 75 minutes, test should be conducted in a secure environment such that while the test is taken, access to all possible web resources for e.g. browsing, chatting, etc. should be blocked from the computer of the candidate as well as any other peripherals such as printer.
Similarly, functions like ‘Copy- paste’ and Print Screen to be disabled in the question paper page appearing in the test. The test taken by the candidates will continuously be saved and updated in the main server on cloud.
8. Candidates shall take their seats and set their laptops/desktops at least 10-15 minutes prior to the commencement of the Test and mark attendance by entering their unique ID provided to them at the time of successful registration along with the password and the software shall verify the authenticity.
9. Any other conditions as decided by the Test Management Committee from time to time
Level II Test (Online/Pen & Pencil Test) :
** The level II is conducted for shortlisted candidates of level 1 test.
** The level II test will be conducted by means paper & pencil test through Printed Question papers & OMR answer sheets or Online test in the designated Centre for shortlisted candidates of level 1.
Test Paper Pattern
** The aforesaid test will be conducted in English language only.
** Question papers are suitable for students of CBSE/ICSE or any other national boards or open schools and various state boards conducting Secondary/Senior Secondary Examination.
** The aforesaid test is an objective-type test of 75 minutes duration comprising 100 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions, 25 questions (25 marks) from each subject through on-line arrangement or Pen & Pencil Test separately.
Level II Test: The level II is conducted for shortlisted candidates of level I test. The level II test will be conducted by means paper & pencil test in the designated Centre through Printed Question papers & OMR answer sheets or Online test in the designated Centre through for shortlisted candidates of level I.
Subjects for the Level I & II Tests :
I. For Class X : Social Studies (Economics), Mathematics, Business Awareness & Aptitude
II. For Class XI: Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics & Aptitude
III. For Class XII: Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics & Aptitude
IV. B.Com./BBA/BMS/Aliied Subjects Part I, Part II & Part III Examination: Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics/ Financial Studies & Aptitude
There is negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer. No Negative marking for un-attempted answers.
How to Apply
Register online through dedicated website through their Credit Card or Debit Card (ATM Card) or net banking payment of registration fee of 100/- (Inclusive all the Taxes) within due date or registration fee 150/- after due date. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
Prizes for Participants
** All participants In Level-1 test will receive a Participation Certificate.
** 1st Rank holder will be awarded with Rs 75,000/- for Class X, Class XI& Class XII, B.Com./BBA/BMS/Aliied Subjects Part I, Part II & Part III separately, if multiple winners are there, the prize amount will be shared by them. If more than 50 joint rank holders for the same, the awardee will at least awarded with the cash prize of Rs 2,000/-.
** 2nd Rank will be awarded with Rs 50,000/-for Class X, Class XI & Class XII, B.Com./BBA/BMS/Aliied Subjects Part I, Part II & Part III separately, if multiple winners are there, the prize amount will be shared by them. If several joint rank holders for the same are there, the awardee will at least awarded with the cash prize of Rs 1,500/-.
** 3rd Rank will be awarded with Rs 25,000/-for Class X, Class XI& Class XII, B.Com./BBA/BMS/Aliied Subjects Part I, Part II & Part III separately, if multiple winners are there, the prize amount will be shared by them. If several joint rank holders for the same are there, the awardee will at least awarded with the cash prize of Rs 1,000/-.
** Top 250 consolation prizes will be awarded worth Rs 500/- for Class X, Class XI & Class XII B.Com./BBA/BMS/Aliied Subjects Part I, Part II & Part III separately
** Appreciation certificate to the candidates who have secured 50% marks in the aforesaid online test.
** Participation Certificate will be given to each participant appeared for the Level-II Test.
** Additionally first 3 Rank Holders of Level-II Test will be exempted from paying of Fees for registering in the Foundation scheme/Intermediate Scheme (As per their eligibility) of CA course.
Prizes for Teachers
** The school principal & school co-ordinator from every participating school will be awarded with a certificate of appreciation
** The Principal & School Co-ordinator of each school with more than 300 students will be awarded a memento respectively.
Award Ceremony: Award Ceremony will be held at Delhi NCR/Mumbai tentatively in the month of February, 2018
For any Query please contact: Dr. Sambit Kumar Mishra, Secretary, Career Counselling Committee, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, A-29, Sector-62, Noida (U.P.)