Organisation : Ministry of Human Resource Development
Board Name : Central Board of Secondary Education
Event Name : Celebration of Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat EBSB Cultural Days 2017-18
Applicable For : CBSE Students
Event Period : 31st October 2017 to 30th October 2018
Website : http://cbseacademic.nic.in/
Circular : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/28275-Ek.pdf
Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Event:
Celebration of Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat (EBSB) Cultural Days.
CBSE Observing Vigilance Awareness Week 2017 : www.contest.net.in/27862.html
1. The ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ programme aims to promote greater mutual understanding between people of diverse cultures living in different States and UTs in India.
It is envisaged that schools affiliated to CBSE can play a pivotal role by organising programmes related to music, drama, cuisine, language, history, tourism of the state/UT paired with the state in which they are situated. Therefore schools may conduct these activities as per the following details:
2. Schools may plan for at least (two) EBSB Cultural Days during the course of the next one year (31st October 2017 to 30th October 2018). On the EBSB cultural day, the culture/traditions of the paired State (list of paired States may be seen at Annexure I) may get suitably showcased, so that the student can understand and assimilate the cultural oneness of India.
Schools may also club EBSB cultural Days with their already planned cultural events that they might organize on School Annual Day, Republic Day or Independence Day in order to keep their academic schedule uninterrupted.
3. The School-wise, date-wise action plan so prepared by each of the affiliated school may be submitted to CBSE before 18th October 2017 by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that same can be shared with the MHRD for launch on 31st October 2017. This will help in making available Doordarshan coverage for these events by MHRD.
4. Activities undertaken under EBSB by affiliated schools will be published on the social media and on the official Facebook page of the EBSB.
5. It is reiterated that above activities shall be undertaken in the most befitting manner possible in view of this national event.
6. For further details, school may visit www.ekbharat.gov.in or contact at 011-23231067.
7. This issues in compliance of the D.O.No.11018/01/2017-EBSB dated 03.10.2017 of Ministry of Human Resource Development. (copy enclosed).
Objectives of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” :
The broad objectives of the initiative are as follows,
i. To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country;
ii. To PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States;
iii. To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity
iv. TO ESTABLISH long-term engagements and,
v. TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.