|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Competition Name : Science without Borders Challenge International Student Art Contest
Competition Last Date : April 23, 2018 by 11:59
Applicable For : Open to all students 11-19 years old
Guidelines : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/29011-SWBChallenge.pdf
Home Page : https://www.livingoceansfoundation.org/education/science-without-borders-challenge/
International Student Art Contest :
** The Foundation is a US based, non-profit environmental science organization. The Foundation was established to protect and restore the world’s oceans through scientific research, outreach, and education.
** This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old.
** Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent.
** College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
Work will be judged in two categories, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each :
** 11 – 14 year-olds
** 15 – 19 year-olds
Winners of the Science Without Borders® Challenge will be publicly announced.
Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows :
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $350
3rd Place: $200
** 2018 has been declared the International Year of the Reef (IYOR). IYOR is a global effort to increase awareness and understanding on the values and threats to coral reefs, and to support related conservation, research, and management efforts.
** All around the world, nations, organizations, schools, and individuals will celebrate the IYOR 2018 in a variety of ways.
How to Apply :
1. All artwork must be an original work by the contestant and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. For instance, drawing a character from a cartoon or movie is not considered an original work.
2. The artwork must be 2D such as a painting or drawing. Acceptable media include: paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, felt, and oil pastel. Digitally created artwork, including photographs, are not accepted.
3. There is no minimum or maximum size requirements for the artwork.
4. You must send your original artwork. Digital copies of artwork are NOT permitted.
5. All submissions must be made by an individual artist. Group submissions are not permitted.
6. Participants may submit only 1 art piece.
7. Write your first and last name and age in pencil on the back of your artwork.
8. Place your signature on the front, right-hand corner of your artwork.
9. Fill out all required information on the Entry Forms (online only).
10. Artwork and art descriptions may be used in publications and distributed to the media.
11. The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation reserves the right to disqualify artwork deemed offensive.
12. If the explanation of artwork or the artwork itself is plagiarized, then it will be disqualified.
13. Entries that do not comply with all of the contest rules will be disqualified.
** Contestants must submit a digital Entry Form with their submission.
** The Entry Form may only be submitted online at .lof.org/SWBChallenge.
All mandatory fields on the Entry Form must be filled out in order for your artwork to be considered for the competition.
** If you are under the age of 13, you must also submit a COPPA Privacy Form.
Mail the COPPA Form with your original artwork.
All original artwork should be mailed to :
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Science Without Borders® Challenge
130 Severn Avenue, Suite 100
Annapolis, MD 21403
** The Last Date is Monday, April 23, 2018 by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
** All artwork must be received by this date or it will be disqualified.