Organisation : Defence Research and Development Organization & Robotics and Unmanned systems.
Contest Name : DRDO Robotic Competition – DRUSE
Applicable For : Indian Engineering students
Registration opens : 14 Oct 2017
Last date for submission : 15 Jan 2018
Website : https://rac.gov.in/druse/index/druseterms
Terms & Conditions : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/29074-druse.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this contest. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
DRDO Robotic Competition – DRUSE :
About DRUSE :
** Defence Research and De-velopment Organization (DRDO) aims to harness the multifaceted talent available in the country on Robotics and Unmanned systems to create a platform for the development of futuristic defence systems.
Related : IIT Delhi RoboTryst 2017 Indian Robotics Championship : www.contest.net.in/20403.html
** The objective of this exposition is to identify and subse-quently nurture novel ideas in different parts of our country. Let us all join together and contribute in this nationwide effort to develop future unmanned defence systems
Who can participate :
** Any Indian Engineering students currently pursuing UG or PG courses in IITs/NITs/IISc or from college /institute/university recog-nized by AICTE/NAAC.
The theme based Exposition is aimed to harness the potential ideas/concepts/technologies in any form (nascent, under development or devel-oped) available nationwide with Students. The proposed themes are as follows:
1. Mountain Climbing Robot
2. Mobility in Snow bound Area
3. Soldier Assistance vehicle
4. Casualty Evacuation
6. Surveillance of a Ship
7. Self-Concealing UGV
8. Mobility on water, land and air
9. Underwater Survey system
10. Surveillance in Multi Storey building
11. Battlefield debris clearance
12. Mine detection and clearance
13. Robotic Assistive Device for divyang persons
14. Any other defence applications for Robotics and Unmanned Systems not covered above.
What can be exhibited :
** Innovative ideas
** concepts through graphics
** Concepts/technologies depicted through 2D/3D models
** Simulation or Animation
** Concept paper presentation
** Mock up/working models
|Sl No||Event Description||Date|
|1.||Registration & submission of proposal (online) opens on||14 Oct 2017|
|2.||Last date of submission||15 Dec 2017
15 Jan 2018, by 1700 Hrs. IST
|3.||Declaration of first level screening results and Invitation for 2nd level of screening (online)||31 Jan 2018|
|4.||Second level of screening at zonal centres i.e. zonal level competitions (Exact date of screening for each zone will be intimated to the qualifying teams and published online in advance.)||24 Mar – 15 Apr 2018|
|5.||Declaration of finalists for 3rd level of screening i.e. national level competition and Invitation for 3rd level of screening (online )||16 April 2018|
|6.||National level competition & Evaluation of Exhibits at DRDO HQ, New Delhi||10 May 2018|
|7.||Declaration of Winners & Award Ceremony for zonal & national level||11 May 2018|
Screening of Proposals :
The zonal level of screening shall be carried out at zonal centres shown below :
|Zone||States included in the zone|
|North||J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand,|
|South||Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, An-daman & Nicobar Islands, Puducherry, Lakshadweep|
|North-East||Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Trip-ura, Arunachal Pradesh|
|East||Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Jhar-khand|
|West||Dadra Nagar & Haveli, Rajasthan, Daman & Diu, Gujrat,|
|Central||Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Maharashtra|
Zonal Level Awards :
|Award||Award amount per team|
|First Prize||₹ 30,000 /-|
|Second Prize||₹ 25,000 /-|
|Third Prize||₹ 20,000 /-|
|Fourth Prize||₹ 15,000 /-|
|Fifth Prize||₹ 10,000 /-|
|Each participating team||₹ 10,000 /-|
National Level Awards :
|Award||Award amount per team|
|First Prize||₹ 1.5 Lakh|
|Second Prize||₹ 1 Lakh|
|Third Prize||₹ 0.5 Lakh|
|Each participating team||₹ 20,000 /-|
Terms & Conditions :
1. The medium of communication for the competition shall be English. All relevant information, including the online registration form, subsequent presentations shall be in English.
2. It is mandatory that the participating institute is either NIT / IIT / IISc or equivalent or from an institute recognized by AICTE/NAAC.
3. All the participants should have valid Indian citizenship.
4. Participants can participate as a team only with total no. of members varying from 3 (minimum) to 5 (maximun) including Team Leader.
5. The Team Leader should select the correct state of their college/institution/university, which will decide their zone of participation at 2nd level of screening, if qualified.
6. The participants who have qualified the 1st level of screening are required to bring the original ID proof (mentioned in the registration form), original registration form and original technical proposal during 2nd and 3rd level screening of the exposition.
7. It will be compulsory for each student team to have a permanent faculty of the institute as a guide. Multi-institute participation is not permitted.
8. Technical Proposals should have only the registration number at bottom of every page. Any other or additional information like college/name etc. will make the Technical Proposal invalid and will not be considered in the exposition/competition.
9. The Technical proposal submitted during the 2nd level of screening, shall be duly approved by the Head of the department or college/institute/ university before submission.
10. Only completely filled registration forms in all respect shall be considered. Unsigned/incomplete applications, without signatures or seal of competent authority will be rejected.