Organisation : India Post
Competition Name : 2018 International Letter-Writing Competiton For Young People
Applicable For : Children up to 15 years
Contest Last Date : 21.12.2017
Terms & Conditions : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/29185-Letter.pdf
Website : https://www.indiapost.gov.in/vas/Pages/IndiaPostHome.aspx
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Letter-Writing Competition :
1. Subject :
** “Imagine you are a letter travelling through time. What message do you wish to convey to your readers?”
Related / Similar Competition : India Post Letter Writing Competition 2021
2. Participants eligibility : Children up to 15 years of age as on 31.03.2018
3. Content and form : Composition must be presented in the form of letter not exceeding 1000 words on the given subject.
4. Date & Time : Sunday, 7th January, 2018, 10.00 am. to 11.00 am.
5. Language : English or any language listed in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India.
6. Last date for submission of forms : 21.12.2017
7. Prizes : (At national level)
a) One First Prize Rs. 5000/- and a certificate.
b) One Second Prize Rs. 3000/- and a certificate.
c) One third prize Rs. 2000/- and a certificate.
d) Consolation Prizes Rs. 1000/- to the best entry from each Postal Circle and certificate.
** The best entry at the national level shall qualify as the Official Indian Entry for the International level Competition
** The Universal Postal Union shall select the award winning entries.
** The top three entries will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze Medal respectively along with Certificate and album of UPU official postage stamps from UPU.
8. It may be ensured that each and every entry has the following details on its first page :
1. Candidate’s passport size photograph:
2. Candidate’s name :
3. Date of Birth :
4. Sex(Male/Female) :
5. Father’s/ Guardian’s name :
6. Name of the school/Institution and full address :
7. Full postal address:
For further details, please contact the Chief Postmaster General/ Postmaster General/ Director Postal Services of your Circle/ Region. Information will also be available on the Department’s website indiapost.gov.in .
About Us :
For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s social economic development. It touches the lives of Indian citizens in many ways: delivering mails, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens
such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. With 1, 55,015 Post Offices, the DoP has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.