|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organization : ABP News Network Pvt Ltd
Competition Name : Jeeto Magar Gyaan Se Contest 2015
Applicable For : Indian Citizens
Competition Last Date : ANN’s discretion which will be eventually intimated to the viewers on ABP News channel
Jeeto Magar Gyaan Se Contest 2015:
This Contest being conducted by ABP News Network Pvt. Ltd. having its Registered office at 301, Boston House, Suren Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai- 400093 and its Corporate office at A-37, Sector- 60, Noida, 201 307, on the channel ABP News, shall be governed by these standard terms and conditions.
ABP News Hindi Utsav Contest 2015 :
Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
2. This Contest organized and managed by ABP News Private Limited starts from 26th October 2015. The end date of contest is ANN’s discretion which will be eventually intimated to the viewers on ABP News channel. This contest is for the subscribers of all operators (Airtel, Vodafone , Idea, BSNL, Tata GSM, Telenor, Reliance, Aircel, MTNL Delhi & Mumbai)- hereinafter referred to as operators over SMS.
The contest will be available for the below mentioned circles:
1. Assam + North East
7. Madhya Pradesh
11. Himachal Pradesh
12. Jammu & Kashmir
14. Uttar Pradesh East
15. Uttar Pradesh West
17. West Bengal
3. This shall be a Contest on the Short Messaging Service (SMS) platform on all mobile handsets and the charges of each SMS shall be Rs 3 /-
4. The Management of ABP News Network (‘ANN’) reserve the right to cancel / postpone /stop this Contest at its discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and without being liable for any consequential losses/damages.
5. The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated by channel. Any entry after the closure of the contest’s stipulated dates and timings shall not be entertained and summarily rejected.
The contest is open to Indian Citizens residing within the geographical territory of India only. The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees of (including their immediate families) of Organizer and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) does not contravene any local laws or regulations.
This Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law. “Immediate family” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
7. Contestant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold ABP News Network Pvt. Ltd. and/or or any of its group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, vendors, responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses, either direct or remote that you may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of the present Contest.
8. Winner Selection:
ABP News Network’ representatives or appointed judges will select the winner(s) from amongst all eligible correctly-answered entries (each referred to as a “Winner”) by random selection. ABP News Network’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entertained. Mere participation in the contest does not entitle any entrant to win a prize.
9. The Winner’s name will be announced as registered in the system of Operators.
10. The Winner shall not be entitled to the prize, in case he/ she is not an active Subscriber of Operators on the date of claiming the prize/s.
11. There shall be a roll-over of prizes in case the winner/s is/are ineligible. A participant shall be considered ineligible if he/she does not confirm to the conditions or cannot provide the required documents(As mentioned in Clause 29 & Clause 30) within below mentioned time period :
** Daily winner – 24 hours
** Weekly Winner /Monthly Winner/Bumper Prize winner – 7 days
12. Any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant’s name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this Contest and for any purpose for which the entrant specifically opts in and will not be disclosed to any third party except for (a) the purpose of fulfilling the Prize where applicable and (b) for any purpose for which the entrant specifically opts in. Any personal information held by ABP News Network in respect of the Contest will be held on record for a reasonable period to fulfill the purpose for which such personal information was collected.
13. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of ABP News Network by each Winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
14. The Prize(s) can be claimed only by the winner as declared by ABP News Network and the claim of no other person or agent might be considered for the handover of the same except in the case of minor. In the case of minor, the guardian(s) thereof declared so in accordance with law and based on proof of guardianship will be entitled to claim the prize.
15. By sending his/her contact number, the winner shall provide the Organizer with the permission to send SMS or to call him/her, whether or not such sender is registered on the National Do Not Call Registry.
16. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to participate in the contest. The contest is not a means to
earn profit or promote the business or sales of ABP News Network and is only intended to invoke the interest of viewers in the channel.
17. ABP News shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, or for any personal loss or injury that may be suffered (including loss of life), to a participant and/or any third party, directly or indirectly, by use or non-use of the prize.
18. Comments of winners or materials sent to ABP News Network including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential & will not be returned. ABP News Network shall be free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and contest entries without limitations or obligation of any kind. ABP News Network shall also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. ABP News Network reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that collected by it and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
19. Mention of third party companies and products on ABP News TV Channel, Websites or social media properties is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Licenses and warranties, if any, regarding the third party product take place between you and the third party.
20. ABP News Network is fully committed to following laws related to the collection of data. ABP News Network may, however, share personally identifiable information and data shared by the entrants with third parties, only for the purposes of selecting winners. The Entrants are required to provide ABP News Network with the correct details about themselves and ABP News Network will not be liable for any damages direct or indirect.
21. ABP News Network makes no representations or warranties as to the quality / suitability / merchantability of any of the goods/ services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, ABP NEWS NETWORK or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents, shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent on their part.
22. By participating in the Contest, each Participant agrees to hold harmless ABP News Network and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this contest and the show/TV commercial, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of the Prize, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
23. Acceptance of the Prize/s by the winner constitutes permission for Organizers, and its affiliates to click photographs of the Winner/s and use the Winner’s name, photographs, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever
24. Prizes to be distributed in this contest shall neither be transferable nor exchangeable.
25. The participant hereby understands and gives his/ her irrevocable consent for personal information relating to the participant to be exchanged with Organizers and its vendors or published and/or communicated to/in any media that it may deem fit, and the Organizers or its Vendors may, at their sole discretion may choose to publish or disclose the name(s), phone number(s) and score(s) of all participants, if required, and specifically, of winners.
26. Upon receipt of response from a participant, it is presumed that you have understood and accepted these Terms. Each participant consents to the use of information supplied by the participant in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the participant, by ABP News Network
27. ABP News Network will be delivering the contest prize at the address provided by the winner through a courier service or direct delivery from the prize vendor. ABP News Network is not in any way responsible for the delivery of prize or any loss, damage, theft occurred to the prize during the delivery. Any such dispute is to be addressed between the winner and the delivery service.
28. If your location is not covered by the logistic partner then you will have to give a different delivery location for the same and this might delay product delivery.
29. All prizes must be claimed by the Winners, along with the documents specified herein below within the specified timelines to an email address as intimated by the Organizer(As mentioned in Clause 11). The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the Winners include the following (the document list is only inclusive and not exhaustive and can change as per the requirements of law):
For the Mobile Phone winners:
a. Identity Proof – Voter ID, Passport, Ration Card, Valid Driving License
b. Scanned copy of recent photograph
c. Address Proof to be the same as the Delivery Address, in case of rented premises – Registered Rent Agreement;
For Winners of the weekly, monthly or bumper prize, in addition to submission of the above mentioned IDs and Address proofs, submission of PAN Card is mandatory as all tax obligations shall be on the winner;
30. Applicable taxes – The winners will be liable to make payment towards vehicle registration, insurance, applicable taxes etc as intimated by ANN. Failure to submit TDS obligations (of 30.9% ,TDS applicable on gift items above Rs 10,000 /-) to ANN and tax/payment obligations to vehicle dealer will render the winner ineligible. (As mentioned in clause 11)
31. ABP News ‘Jeeto Magar Gyaan se’ contest over SMS:
a) Contest will be available on 56767 (for all private Operators) all subscribers of above mentioned Operators and circles.
b) Each day few questions will be displayed/asked on ABP News channel between 6:00 AM-12:00 AM. The response to the questions to be sent by SMS by typing ABPoption (as told on the channel)
c) SMS charges will be applicable as follows: All – Rs 3 per Sms
32. Further, the winner will be the rightful user of the winning phone number and not the player, if such player is not the rightful user of such a number. If the winner is not able to provide sufficient evidence to show that he/she is the rightful user of the number, Service Provider or ABP News reserve the right to award the prize to the next eligible winner.
33. Prizes & Winner Selection:
Various prizes to be given away during the contest are below :
Daily prize :Mobile –1 correct answer per day
Weekly Prize :Bike – 3 days of correct answers (with a minimum of 1 correct answer per day) across a span of 7 days.
Monthly Prize :Car- 10 days of correct answers (with a minimum of 1 correct answer per day) across a span of 30 days.
Bumper Prize :House – 25 days of correct answers (with a minimum of 1 correct answer per day) across entire duration of the contest.
34. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of the law and should such an attempt be made, the Organizer and/or Operators reserve the right to seek damages from any such Subscriber to the fullest extent permitted by law.