|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organisation : SASTRA Deemed To be University
Competition Name : 14th Nani Palkhivala Memorial National Tax Moot Court Competition
Contest Last Date : 23-02-2018
Terms & Conditions : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/33038-moot.pdf
Website : http://www.sastra.edu/nanipalkhivala/
SASTRA National Tax Moot Court Competition
Event: 14th Nani Palkhivala Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition – 2018
Dates: 6th to 8th April, 2018
Related : SGT University 3rd National Moot Court Competition 2018 : www.contest.net.in/32619.html
Venue: School of Law, SASTRA Deemed to be University, Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur – 613 401
1 Each team shall constitute three (3) members ONLY, which is inclusive of two (2) Speakers and one (1) Researcher.
2 Participation is restricted to bona-fide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B law course or the 5-year integrated law course. Each College/ Law School may send ONE team ONLY.
3 After the Memorial Selection Round 16 (Sixteen) colleges/universities will be shortlisted for the Oral Rounds.
1. Provisional Registration via e-mail must be sent to sms.nani AT sastra.ac.in by 20th February, 2018
2. Registration Fee: – A non-refundable registration fees of Rs. 3540/- (inclusive of GST) must be submitted by the shortlisted teams in the form of a DD favouring “SASTRA Deemed to be University” payable at Thanjavur.
3. Online registration must be performed at sastra.edu/nanipalkhivala on or before 23rd February, 2018 [17:00 IST.].
Uploading the authorization letter is mandatory to complete the registration process.
4. The duly completed Hard Copy of Authorisation form must be sent to School of Law, SASTRA Deemed to be University, latest by 12th March, 2018 along with ONE (1) Hard Copy of the Written Submission (Memorial) by SPEED POST ONLY. Address: School of Law, SASTRA Deemed to be University, Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur – 613 401
1. All teams must send ONE (1) hard copy of the Memorial for each side and a soft copy shall be mailed to sms.nani AT sastra.ac.in.
2. Soft copies of the Memorials for each side must be submitted in both .docx and .pdf formats to sms.nani AT sastra.ac.in. The subject of the mail must be “Memorial of (college/university name)” and the title of the documents must contain the memorial codes assigned subsequent to registration. For example, if the memorial code is ‘N1’ then the title of the document should be “N1- Appellant/Respondent”.
3. The last date for submission of the soft copy of the Memorials is 8th March, 2018 [17:00 IST].
4. The last date for submission of the one hard copy of the Memorial along with the duly filled Authorization Letter is 12th March, 2018.
5. The identity of the team or the participants’ should not be revealed in the Memorial in any manner. Non-compliance would result in disqualification.
6. Any delay in the submission of the memorials shall be penalized at the rate of one point per day per side.
7. Each Memorial will be assessed for a total of 100 marks.
Winners – Trophy and a cash prize of INR 50,000/-.
Runners Up – Trophy and a cash prize of INR 25,000/-.
Best Memorial – Trophy and cash prize
Best Speaker – Trophy and cash prize
Best Researcher – Trophy and cash prize
All participants will be presented with Certificates of Participation and all the winners of awards as specified in Clause 11 will get Certificates of Merit.
All awards and certificates will be presented to the teams during the Valediction Ceremony on 8th April, 2018 only. The organisers do not undertake to mail/courier/send any certificate/award to any team under any circumstances.
Opening of Provisional Registration 12th of February, 2018
Release of the Moot Proposition 18th of February, 2018
Last date for Registration 23rdof February, 2018
Last date to submit Clarifications 24th of February, 2018, 17:00 IST
Release of Clarifications 1st of March, 2018
Submission of Memorials 8th of March, 2018, 17:00 IST
Submission of Hard copy of one memorial
and authorization letter 12th of March, 2018
Memorial Selection Results 19th of March, 2018
Soft copy of DD & travel form 23rd of March, 2018, 17:00 IST
Hard copy of DD & travel form 26th of March, 2018
Date of the competition 6th of April, 2018