Organisation : CBSE Central Board of Secondary Education
Contest Name : Heritage India Quiz 2018-19 Inter School Competition
Applicable For : Students from class IX to XII
Registration Last Date : 12th November, 2018
Website : http://cbseacademic.nic.in/
CBSE Heritage India Quiz
CBSE Heritage India Quiz is an Inter School Quiz Competition that was conceptualized by the Board with the objective to inform the growing generation of students the inter-link between their culture and heritage and the need for sustainable socio-economic development alongside modernization.
The theme of the quiz will be,”Valuing the priceless: the value of Heritage and Culture in India with special focus on the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi.”
Who Can Enter?
Participation is open to the students of classes IX-XII. Interested schools are requested to select three students who will register as a team, to compete in the Online Test. Each school can only register one team.
How Can Enter?
1. All the schools interested to participate in this quiz, must ensure arrangement of seamless broadband internet connectivity in their computer lab on the day of online test.
2. All the schools affiliated to CBSE in India and foreign countries are invited to participate in this quiz.
3. Interested schools should submit the registration form and confirm their participation on or before 12th November, 2018, by filling in the online registration form available at www.cbseacademic.nic.in by entering their affiliation number and school number.
4. The registration fees of 900/- per team must be submitted through Credit/debit/net banking/ NEFT transfer.
Login Here : http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/heritage/index.html
Phase 1: Online Test:
** The date of Online Test will be announced through Notification on the academic website of the Board.
** The quiz competition will be conducted in November, 2018.It will be of 50 minutes duration comprising 60 Multiple Choice questions.
** Each school will be represented by a team of three students who may be selected from classes IX-XII.
** On the announced date, an online window will be opened by all the registered schools, using specific registration number and password allocated after successful registration by the Board.
** This specific registration number and password will be automatically generated once school will submit the online registration form.
** Each school has to attend the test in their respective IT labs in their own school.
** On completion of test the team will get the feedback w.r.t. how many correct answers, wrong answers marked and time taken by them during the quiz.
** There is no negative marking for the wrong answers. The online window will open on a pre-announced date for a specific period of time only.
** Region wise merit list will be prepared which will be based upon the performance (speed and accuracy) in the online test.
** The top two teams from every region will qualify for participation in semi-finals
Phase 2: National Semi Finals and Final
** To be held tentatively in the last week of January 2018 to first week of February, 2018.
** The top 20 teams from the 10 competing regions will be divided into 05 groups of 04 teams each.
** The winner from each group will qualify for the finals.
** The National Semi Finals and the Final will be held in Delhi and may be broadcasted by Youtube and other e-media.
** The date of the National Semi Finals and Final will be put on the CBSE website www.cbseacademic.nic.in-Notification, so that the teams can make necessary arrangements for their travel, lodging and boarding.
The key details regarding the CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018-19 are as follows
Online Test-November 2018
National Semi Finals and Final-December 2018 – January 2019
Rules & Regulations
1. Any student from class IX to XII can participate.
2. There will be three students participating from each school in the first phase i.e online test.
3. Schools can register only one team . A second team will not be permitted from any school.
4. The online registration window will remain open from 18th October 2018 to 12th November, 2018 .
5. The date of online test will be informed through notification once the registration is closed.
6. The duration of online test will be 45 minutes and the schools can open the link 15 minutes before the commencement of online test i.e 11:45 noon. The test will commence at IST 12:00 noon.
7. There will be no negative marking done in the online test.
8. The number of correct responses with time taken will be shown immediately after the online test is conducted.
9. Region wise merit will be prepared. Top two teams from each region will be selected for participation in National Semi Finals, which will be conducted at Delhi.
10. In case of tie of the correct responses, the team which has taken shortest duration will be declared as winner.
11. In case of tie of the both correct responses and time taken, the team which has more students from lower classes will be declared as winner.
12. In case of more than 20 teams qualifying for the National Semi Finals, a second round of online test will be conducted at different venues decided by the Board.
13. The National Semi Finals will witness two teams each from across the 10 competing region. The 20 teams will be divided into 05 groups of 4 teams each.
14.All the participants of national semi-finals and final will be given a certificate of merit and winners will also be given cash prizes.
15. Videography of rounds should be done to avoid any confusion later.
16. The computer system with seamless broadband connection should be properly installed in the lab of the school for online test.
For further information, contact Dr. Pragya Verma, Assistant Secretary at 011-23220158 or email@example.com. Please visit the CBSE Academic website: www.cbseacademic.nic.in under NOTIFICATION for updates.