Organisation : Surat Municipal Corporation
Contest Name : National Photography Competition 2019
Applicable For : Indian Citizens
Contest Deadline : 5th March, 2019
Website : https://suratmunicipal.gov.in/Contest/NationalPhotography
|Have questions? Please ask at the bottom of this page.|
Surat Municipal Photography Competition
Surat Municipal Corporation invites participation for “National Photography Competition – 2019” specially focused on “Photography of Surat Fort” under different categories.
Related : Nikon Photo Contest 2018-19 : www.contest.net.in/38789.html
The theme of the photography competition is ‘Photography of the Surat Fort’
5th January to 5th March, 2019 (As per the Fort timing)
1. The competition is open to Indian citizens in following age categories:
** 18 to 30 years (Black & White Photography)
** 18 to 30 years (Colour Photography)
** Above 30 years (Black & White Photography)
** Above 30 years (Colour Photography)
2. Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible.
1. Application form will be available along with Rules & Regulation on Surat Municipal Website: www.suratmunicipal.org
2. Applicant/Photographer can take entry after registration process at Fort, for photography at fort for maximum of 10 times during competition period. After that Applicant/Photographer will be required to pay applicable ticket fees. Any other person accompanying Applicant/Photographer, will have to pay applicable ticket fees to enter into the Fort.
3. Applicant/Photographer can only take still images of the Architecture of Fort, Videography of the Fort is strictly prohibited as applicant of the competition.
Submission of Entries
1. Competitor will have to do photography himself/herself, entries are non-transferable and any violation of this rule will lead to expulsion of the candidate.
2. Judges and the immediate family member of judges are not eligible to participate.
3. Each participant can submit upto 5 images (in the categories as mentioned) and not more than that by paying entry fee of Rs.500/-(Rs. 250/- fees for students from Surat city) through DD in favour of “Surat Municipal Corporation” payable at Surat:
4. Each image should be submitted in black and white or colour prints (Size 12” X 18” size) as per the category of competition together with a good quality, digital image (Raw & jpeg format not less than 300 dpi, with smaller size not less than 2400 pixels) in a pendrive at Fort, Surat.
Judging and Result
1. The images will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision will be final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and decision will be entertained.
2. The panel of judges will evaluate the images based on the following criteria:
** Artistic/visual appeal.
** Extent to which the photograph captures the essence of the theme.
3. Images will be judged based on originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
4. The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the images submitted do not meet the requirements stated in this document.
5. Results of the competition will be posted on our websites and social media platforms
** 18 to 30 years (Black & White Photography) :1st Prize Rs. 50,000/-, 2nd Prize Rs. 31,000/-, 3rd Prize Rs. 15,000/-
** 18 to 30 years (Colour Photography): 1st Prize Rs. 50,000/-, 2nd Prize Rs. 31,000/-, 3rd Prize Rs. 15,000/-
** Above 30 years (Black & White Photography): 1st Prize Rs. 1,00,000/-, 2nd Prize Rs. 75,000/-, 3rd Prize Rs. 51,000/-
** Above 30 years (Colour Photography) :1st Prize Rs. 1,00,000/-, 2nd Prize Rs. 75,000/-, 3rd Prize Rs. 51,000/-
Last Date of Submission : 05/03/2019. Applicant must fill the form accurately along with declaration and pay Rs. 500/- fees (Rs. 250/- fees for students from Surat city) by Demand Draft in favour of ‘Surat Municipal Corporation’ before 4:00 pm and submit it along with all attachment at Surat Fort, Chowk Bazar, Surat.
Results : Results will be declared tentatively by the end of March-2019.
Rules and Regulations :
Registration Form :
Competition Entry Form :
Fort Chowk Bazar, Surat – 395003
(E) firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com