Organisation : Bihar Mathematical Society
Contest Name : TSTM Olympiad 2020 (Talent Search Test in Mathematics)
Applicable For : Students of Classes 6th to 12th
Last Date : 20 June 2020.
Website : http://bmsbihar.org/TSTM_olympiad.htm
|Have questions? Please ask at the bottom of this page.|
BMS Bihar TSTM Olympiad
Online applications are invited for TSTM Olympiad Exam 2020. The main aim of the scheme is to locate the talent hidden among young children to motivate them towards rational thinking and prepare them from the earliest stage for the Mathematical Olympiads and other Mathematical contests.
Related / Similar Olympiad : CSC Academy Hindi Olympiad 2020
Such test is sure to remove phobia of Mathematics from the minds of young students and it may create so much interest for this subject in them that like Ramanujan they may treat Mathematics as a game and playmate.
A regular student of standard VI to XII from any recognized school of Bihar is eligible to participate in TSTM Olympiad. For TSTM Class 6 to 12 the age of participants as per school records should not exceeds 13 years for class VI,14Years for class VII,15 Years for class VIII,16 Years for IX,17 Years for X,18 Years for XI and 19 Years for XII.
a. Last Date for submission of application form :20 June 2020.
b. Admit card available from : 01 July 2020.
c. Date of Examination : 19 July 2020 (11 A.M to 1.30 P.M).
d. Date of Training of Applicants :From 01 June 2020(Summer Vacation.)
TTSTM Examination will be conducted at certain specified towns of Bihar. However, it may also be conducted in other towns provided the number of participants in that town is not less than 1000, they will be required to appear at Patna centre or nearby home District. Student will have to appear at the given centre at their own cost.
How To Apply?
1. Application forms are available and can be filled online with payment of Rs 100/ on official website of BMS (www.bmsbihar.org).
2. Offline Application form and Prospectus can be obtained from the Convener- cum- Executive Joint Secretary of BMS / Convener District “Mission Gunvatta Siksha Samiti” and submit the application form with Examination fee as bank draft/cheque of Rs. 100 (One Hundred only) in favour of “Bihar Mathematical Society” payable at Patna so as to reach him latest by 20th June 2020.
3. Application form duly completed and forwarded by the Principal/ Head of the institution of the applicant, must be sent to the Convener- cum- Executive Joint Secretary BMS at Patna office or MGSS so as to reach him latest by 20stJune 2020.
1. Fee for individual applicant- Rs 250/-
2. School/Institution can obtain application forms from office of BMS, Patna on the payment of Rs 250/- for each student.
3. For obtaining the application form by post, send the amount by DD/Cheque in favour of “Bihar Mathematical Society” Payble at Patna.
The questions for written examination will be of subjective type .There will be no negative marking . You are advised to follow NCERT text books and reference books of standard VI to XII . Choose your reference books wisely and follow it. Two and half hours will be given to answer the questions.
** After the evaluation of the answer scripts and preparation of the result the same wil be communicated to the successful candidates in the merit list, called the TSTM winners.
** The desirable applicants may obtain marks with the request an application to convener cum executive joint secretary of BMS at Patna office.
** A copy of the result of successful candidates will be displayed in the office of BMS Patna and on its website.
Medals & Certificates
** Certificates to all TSTM winners and medals to first three TSTM Winners will be awarded at a function to be announced after the result.
** Top three rank holders will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals along with cash prize and remaining winners decided by BMS will be given a certificate of merit and consolation prize.
** Institution/Person actively contributed in organising the TSTM Olympiad will be awarded by BMS for their cooperation.
Any enquiry regarding olympiad of TSTM may contact Dr. D N Singh,General Secretary (BMS) at H.Q Bhagalpur,
Dr. Vijay Kumar, Convener-cum-Executive Joint Secretary(BMS), Dept of Mathematics,College of Commerce,Arts and Science ,Patna