Organisation : Central Board of Secondary Education
Contest Name : CBSE Teachers & Principals Awards 2019
Applicable For : Teachers Working in CBSE
Last Date : 10.07.2020
Website : http://cbseacademic.nic.in/
CBSE Teachers & Principals Awards
The Central Board of Secondary Education instituted the ‘Teacher Awards’ under the aegis of MHRD in the year 2000 to give public recognition to the meritorious services of outstanding teachers of schools affiliated to it.
Related / Similar Awards : MHRD National Awards To Teachers 2020
Since then, these awards are given every year on Teachers’ Day i.e 5th September. Each award consists of a merit certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-.
1. Only a working teacher with at least 10 years of regular teaching experience in CBSE affiliated school(s) and working principals with 10 years of regular teaching experience and 5 years as a principal in CBSE affiliated school(s) may apply for the CBSE Teachers and Principals Award.
2. A retired teacher or principal is not eligible for the award but those teachers or principals who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. upto 30th April in the year to which National Award/CBSE Award relates) may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions. The service rendered on re-employment after attaining the age of superannuation will not count as eligible service.
3. Teachers or Principals who applied for the CBSE Teachers and Principals Award last year or before but not awarded the National/CBSE Award will be considered again if they are still otherwise eligible and are duly recommended by the Head of the school.
4. Teachers or Principals who have already been awarded CBSE Teachers Award can apply for National Award for Teachers if they still otherwise are eligible and duly recommended by the Head of the school.
5. Principals cannot apply in the category of teachers.
6. An applicant can apply for only one category of award.
Procedure for Application
1. Applications for the award would be accepted only through an online web portal. The link for registration is available at CBSE official website.
Apply Online : http://cbseit.in/cbse/2020/tchawrd/index.aspx
2. All applicants shall apply directly by filling the application form online on or before the prescribed last date.
3. Each applicant shall give an undertaking that all the information/data submitted is true to the best of his/her knowledge. If anything is found to be false at any stage of selection, then he/she will be liable to disciplinary action. Even if award is conferred, the same will be withdrawn.
Category Wise Number Of Awards
|Sr. No||Level/Area||Category||No. of awards|
|5||Secondary||Social Science Teacher||2|
|7||Secondary||Physical Education Teacher||1|
|9||Secondary||Vocational Subject Teacher||1|
|10||Sr. Secondary||Language Teacher||2|
|11||Sr. Secondary||Science Teacher (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)||1+1+1=3|
|12||Sr. Secondary||Mathematics Teacher||1|
|13||Sr. Secondary||Commerce Teacher (Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics)||1+1+1=3|
|14||Sr. Secondary||Humanities Teacher (Sociology /Political Science/Geography/History/Psychology/Legal Studies)||3|
|15||Sr. Secondary||Physical Education Teacher||1|
|16||Sr. Secondary||IT Teacher||1|
|17||Sr. Secondary||Vocational Subject Teacher||1|
|18||Special Awards||Performing Arts (Music/Dance) Teacher||1|
|19||Fine Arts Teacher||1|
|20||Special Educator (from all categories)||2|
|23||Best Resource Person for CBSE CBPs||2|
|24||Middle Leaders||Vice Principal/Coordinator||2|
|Total Number of Awards||61|
** Top scorers 04 times the number of awards in each category will be shortlisted based on general criteria. For deciding inter se merit following criteria will be used
a. Experience in related field
c. Higher Qualification
d. Percentage in Educational Qualification
** The shortlisted applicants will be intimated through mail and telephonically to upload their supporting documents on the online portal. Two days’ time will be given for uploading the documents
Please note that all the supporting documents must be verified by the Head of the school in case of a teacher and by the Chairman of the School Managing Committee in case of a Principal.
** Checking of credentials/supporting documents of the shortlisted applicants will be done by a National Level Scrutiny Committee. The Committee will prepare category wise merit list of the shortlisted applicants based on the scores obtained by them in the general and specific criteria.
** The shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interactive session with the National Level Screening Committee.
** Selection of final awardees by the Committee and announcement of awards will be displayed on the CBSE portal.
** The names of the top 6 scorers will be forwarded to Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India for National Teachers Award.
** The shortlisted candidates will be either eligible for National Awards, or for CBSE Awards as per rules
Terms & Conditions :
The last date of submission of application is 10th July, 2020. No other mode of submission of application is allowed.
For any query or clarification, please mail at cbseteachersawards [AT] gmail.com.