Organisation : Ministry of Education
Contest Name : Discover Gandhi Quiz Contest 2020
Service Name : Quiz Sample Question Paper
Quiz Dates : 2nd October,2020 to 1st November, 2020
Quiz Level : Middle Level (Classes 6, 7 & 8)
Website : https://diksha.gov.in/ncert/
NCERT Discover Gandhi Quiz Contest
Ministry of Education & NCERT Discover Gandhi Quiz Contest 2020
Related / Similar Quiz On Mahatma Gandhi:
DIKSHA Discover Gandhi Quiz Contest 2020
MyGov Gandhi, Ahmedabad and Salt March Quiz 2020
MyGov 2nd October Quiz Competition 2020
MyGov Gandhi Ji ‘The Bombay Years’ Quiz 2020
Discover Gandhi Quiz 2020 Sample Question Paper:
Discover Gandhi Quiz Primary Level Sample Question Paper
Discover Gandhi Quiz Secondary Level Sample Question Paper
Middle Level Quiz Questions
1. The doctrine of Ahimsa propagated by Gandhiji refers to :
(b) Surrender to God
(c) Eternal truth
2. Which of the following according to Gandhiji is more important than independence?
3. Along with each meal Gandhiji advised the consumption of which of the following?
(a) Raw greens
(b) Boiled vegetables
(c) Unpolished cooked rice
(d) Boiled milk
4. Who called Gandhiji ‘half naked begger’?
(d) Winston Churchill
5. Which natural disaster in Bihar was referred by Gandhiji as a retribution for the sin of untouchability?
6. In which of the following did Gandhiji encourage women to take a leading role during the Non-Cooperation Movement of 1921-22?
(a) Peasant agitation in Bardoli
(b) Picketing of liquor shops
(c) Lahore student walk out in Punjab
(d) Agitation in the tea gardens in Assam
7. In England, Gandhiji paid to take a dancing lesson. How much fee he paid for a term?
8. In which of the following instances of Satyagraha did Gandhiji witness its first success?
(a) Peasant movement in Champaran
(b) Peasant movement in Kheda
(c) Mill workers’ strike in Ahmedabad
(d) Satyagraha against the Rowlatt Act
9. Gandhiji celebrated his last-the seventy-eight birthday (October 2, 1947) in:
10. Which of the following is not true regarding the activites carried out in the Sabarmati Ashram founded by Gandhiji in Gujarat?
(a) Practice of manual labour
(b) Imparting of national education
(c) Imparting of western education
(d) Practical knowledge of agriculture
11. In relation to which of the following did Gandhiji use the phrase “Post-dated cheque on a crashing bank”?
(a) Cabinet Mission
(b) Simon Commission
(c) Cripps Mission
(d) Montague-Chelmsford Reforms
12. Gandhiji attended the Congress sessions at which places in and 1916?
(a) Calcutta and Lucknow
(b) Lucknow and Delhi
(c) Bombay and Lucknow
(d) Lucknow and Ahmedabad
13. Who was annoyed at Gandhiji’s speech at Banaras Hindu Universit) and urged him to sit down?
(a) Annie Besant
(b) Sarojini Naidu
(c) Ambikacharan Mazumdar
(d) Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviyaji
14. In how many days was the journey from Sabarmati Ashram to Dandi covered on foot by Gandhiji and his volunteers?
15. On Gandhiji’s suggestion which organization was formed in 1894 by the Indian community in South Africa?
(a) National Indian Party
(b) Natal Indian Congress
(c) People’s Party
(d) Congress for the People
16. Who among the following was elected as the President of All India Khilafat Conference in November, 1919?
(a) Motilal Nehru
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Shaukat Ali
(d) Mohammad Ali
17. In which court of South Africa was Gandhiji asked to remove his turban and he refused to do so and left the court?
(d) Pieter Maritzburg
18. In which year, Gandhiji was admitted as a Barrister and formally enrolled in the High Court?
19. In which year did Gandhiji take the vow of brahmacharya ?
20. In which year, Gandhiji was admitted to Inner Temple to study
21. In which of his books did Gandhiji declare that British rule in Indi survived only because of the cooperation of Indians?
(a) The Story of My Experiments with Truth
(b) Satyagraha in South Africa
(c) Hind Swaraj
(d) All Men are Brothers
22. “My shyness has been in reality my shield and buckler. It has allowed me to grow. It has helped me in my discernment of truth.”
(c) Sardar Patel
23. Which movement was resumed by Gandhiji after the failure of the Second Round Table Conference?
(a) Rowlatt Satyagraha
(b) Non-Cooperation Movement
(c) Quit India Movement
(d) Civil Disobedience movement
24. After Gandhiji which leader is known to have fought against apartheid in South Africa?
(a) Walter Sisulu
(b) Nelson Mandela
(c) Joe Salvo
(d) Desmond Tutu
25. Who said “the problem of states is so difficult that Sardar Patel car only solve it”
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Rajendra Prasad
26.Which one of the following medals was NOT returned to the Viceroy on 1st August, 1920 by Gandhiji?
(a) Boer War Medal
(b) Zulu War Medal
27. Gandhiji believed that one of the great faults in Indian diets is their deficiency in Vitamin?
(a) Vitamin C
(b) Vitamin D
(c) Vitamin B
(d) Vitamin A
28. Samaldas College where Gandhiji enrolled for Higher Education, is located at which place?
29. Which of the following was not a part of the Gandhi-Irwin Pact of March 1931?
(a) The Congress agreed to discontinue the Civil-Disobedience Movement.
(b) The Government agreed to withdraw ordinances passed in connection with the Civil-Disobedience Movement.
(c) The Congress agreed to participate in the Second Round Table Conference.
(d) The Government agreed to concede the Congress demand of Purna Swaraj.
30. Where was Gandhiji when Chauri-Chaura incident took place?
31. Name the eminent woman personality who participated in the quit India Movement from Assam ?
(a) Aruna Asaf Ali
(b) Rana Devi
(c) Kanaklata Barua
(d) Matangini Hazra
32. The first nation-wide movement launched by Gandhiji was:
(a) Anti-Rowlatt Act Satyagraha
(b) Khilafat Movement
(c) Non-Cooperation Movement
(d) Against the Jallianwala Bagh Tragedy
33. Gandhiji came back to India from South Africa, in the year?
34. In which year did Gandhiji establish Sabarmati Ashram?
35. Gandhi ji was taken out of prison in South Africa and sent to which place to meet General Smuts :
36. Why did Gandhiji launch the Salt Satyagraha?
(a) because there was a shortage of salt in the country
(b) because salt was used by everybody and the tax on it was a burden
(c) because salt could be manufactured easily all along the coasts
(d) because the British government was importing salt from other countries
37. In which of the following places did Gandhiji become a vegetarian?
38. Gandhiji believed that the cause of many diseases in India was due to :
(a) Habit of disposing human waste anywhere
(b) Shortage of water
(c) Lack of medical facilities
(d) All the above
39. In which language was Gandhiji’s celebrated book Hind Swaraj originally written ?
40. Who among the following carried out regular fasts and led an austere lifestyle which Gandhiji described in his Autobiography a self sufferina ?
41. When Gandhiji was suffering from severe dysentery in 1917, the consumption of which item helped in his cure?
(a) Buffalo Milk
(b) Cow Milk
(c) Goat Milk
(d) Camel Milk
42. When did Gandhiji formally designate Jawaharlal Nehru as his political successor in the congress session of ?
(a) Wardha, 1942
(b) Lahore, 1929
43. Gandhiji’s movement for boycotting the foreign clothes aimed at?
(a) creating anti-British sentiment
(b) promotion of welfare statement
(c) promotion of cottage industry
(d) full independence
44. Whom did Gandhiji nominate to lead the satyagrahis on Dandi March in the event of his arrest?
(a) Sardar Patel
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Abbas Tyabji
(d) Abdul Ghaffar Khan
45. Gandhiji advocated the use of jaggery in place of which food item?
(a) Polished rice
(b) Refined wheat flour
(c) Whole grain
(d) Refined sugar
46. Which place did Gandhiji arrive at in South Africa in 1893?
(c) Cape of Good Hope
47. After the suspension of the Non-Cooperation movement, who moved a ‘no confidence motion’ against Gandhiji?
(a) B.S. Moonie
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) M.A. Jinnah
(d) Abul Kalam Azad
48. Poona Pact was signed between?
(a) Gandhiji and Jinnah
(b) Gandhiji and Lord Irvin
(c) Gandhiji and Ambedkar
(d) Gandhiji and S.C. Bose
49. Which amongst the following is the dominant concept of Gandhiji’s Ideology?
50. How did Gandhiji help the British Government in Boer war?
(a) By sending arms
(b) By organising an ambulance corps
(c) By sending food
(d) By recruitment
51. Who were directly related to Poona Pact?
(c) Depressed classes
52. How many inmates of the Sabarmati Ashram accompanied Mahatma Gandhi when he set off for Dandi March?
53. In which year, Gandhiji returned to India as a full fledged Barrister.
54. Who said about Gandhiji ‘Generations to come will scarcely believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon earth’?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Lord Mountbatten
(c) Albert Einstein
(d) Jawaharlal Nehru
55. Who was referred to as ‘Ice Doctor’ by Gandhiji?
(a) Mr. Polak
(b) Prof. Warner
(c) Dr. Talvalkar
(d) Dr. Santra
How To Participate?
To Participate in ‘Discover Gandhi Quiz Middle Level’, Visit https://bit.ly/GQME_DIKSHA
The quiz will be open from 2nd October,2020 starting at 10.00 AM and will close on 1st November,2020 midnight