Organization : India Post
Competition Name : Architectural Design Competition For Philately Bureau In GPO
Applicable For : Students of Bachelor of Architecture course of recognized colleges of Bangalore City
Entries Last Date : 31.01.2016
|Want to comment on this post? |
Go to bottom of this page.
Architectural Design Competition :
India Post invites entries from the students of Bachelor of Architecture course of recognized colleges of Bangalore City for designing a Philatelic Bureau at Bangalore GPO.
Last date to receive the entries is 31.01.2016.
For further details, visit website karnatakapost.gov.in, facebook page at facebook.com/karnatakapostalcircle/.
Guidelines For Design Competition
Architectural Design Competition for the construction of Philately Bureau, Coffee shop, Post Shoppe, Library cum reading room and Landscaping in the plot adjacent to the Bangalore GPO building, Bangalore invites undergraduate students of Architecture to submit design proposals.
Name of the Promoter:
Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications & IT., Govt. of India represented by the Chief Postmaster General, Karnataka Circle, No. 1, Palace Road, Bangalore-1.
Purpose of the Competition:
To receive best technically viable project in the proposed site with a variety of approaches within the budget.
Nature of Competition :
1. Single stage Competition:
The complete construction, interiors and landscape drawings shall be provided in suitable scale which can be used for execution purpose and should be sufficient to explain the scheme.
2. Open Competition:
The competition is restricted to students of Bachelor of Architecture course from a University recognized from AICTE and Council of Architecture within City of Bangalore, Karnataka.
Prizes (or honoraria):
First prize: Rs. 30, 000
Second prize: Rs. 20, 000
Third prize: Rs. 10,000
Members of the Jury:
1. Chief Engineer(Civil), Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications & IT
2. DDG(Estates), Department of Posts, Ministry of communications & IT
3. Senior Architect, Department of Posts, Ministry of communications & IT
Students of Bachelor of Architecture degree course from a University recognized from AICTE and Council of Architecture within City of Bangalore, Karnataka.
Details of the Project:
1. Name of the project:
Design of Philately, Coffee shop, Post Shoppe, Library cum reading room and landscaping suited to the surroundings.
2. Plot Area: 786.70 sq.m. (The Surveyed site plan showing all details is enclosed)
3. Structure and areas to be designed:
a. Philately Bureau
b. Coffee shop
c. Post Shoppe
d. Small Library cum reading room
All the exterior and interior materials proposed should be locally available and should be proposed keeping in mind the budget of the project.
The facade of the building facing the main road should preferably be provided with structural curtain wall glazing with transparent glass so that the view of outside from the building and the view of interior of the building from outside can be maintained.
5. Drawings to be provided:
The design solutions should be practical. Working drawings for execution purpose in suitable scale should be provided. Design and color scheme of the building should be provided keeping in mind the harmony of the building with the surrounding areas.
a. Construction drawings
b. Interior drawings with furniture layout
c. Landscape drawings
d. Exterior and interior color scheme
6. Building bye laws: Design should be prepared as per all the building bye laws applicable to the plot in Bangalore.
The selected design will be used as it is or can be modified by the promoter as per his requirement. The design will be used for the construction of the building in the said premises. The participant will not hold any copyright claim over his/her design. However credit of design would appropriately be mentioned.
For queries, please contact:
1. Deputy Architect, O/o Sr.Architect(Postal), RT Nagar Head Post Office Building, Bengaluru-560032. Contact No. 080-23547705.
2. Assistant Director(Buildings), O/o Chief Postmaster General, Karnataka Postal Circle, Bengaluru-560001. Contact No. 080-22392528/22392550
3. Sri. Chaithanya Dev, President, Karnataka Philately Society, Contact No. 9900196728
4. Sri. Nikilesh Melkote, Secretary, Karnataka Philately Society, Contact No. 7760995362
5. Sri. Jagannath Mani, Philatelist, Contact No. 9900404808.
Interested students may apply in the below mentioned format of registration within 30 days of publishing of this advertisement along with the proof of pursuing B.Arch. degree in a recognized institute in an envelope subscribed “Architectural Design competition ” to the following address for registration.
Office of Chief Post master General
Department of Posts
Karnataka Circle, No.1, Palace Road,