|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organization : Marathi Vidnyan Parishad
Competition Name : Science Research Contest 2016
Applicable For : Anybody who is less than 25 years of age on 31/12/2016
Last Date : December 20, 2016
Website : http://www.mavipamumbai.org/MVP/Pages/
Information Brochure : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/15863-English.pdf
Entry Form: https://docs.google.com/a/mavipamumbai.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTknfwZMkBNYDNgp17OU7to4iMzXeKPvrFjVQOmfvDMiDKag/viewform#responses
Science Research Contest 2016:
(1) The contest is aimed at promoting interest for research amongst the youngsters. There are three awards each of Rs. 10,000 for this contest.
Related / Similar Contest : Mavipa Mumbai Science Research Contest 2017
The awards are named as:
(i) Parashuram Bajee Agashe Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar,
(ii) Leela Parashuram Agashe Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar and
(iii) Sharad Naik Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar.
(2) The contest is open to anybody who is less than 25 years of age on 31/12/2016 and will not possess any degree till this date. However, he should be a college student (S.S.C. passed), studying in any of the disciplines. In the case of integrated postgraduation course, students who are studying in first 3 years can only participate in this contest.
(3) The project to be submitted for the contest should be from the field of science or technology. Project is expected to be research-based and should not be only a model. You can see a sample list of earlier winning projects at the following link – www.mavipamumbai.org/MVP/Pages/VSP_Winners.htm
(4) Language for the submission of the project can be Marathi/English/Hindi.
(5) If the winning project has been carried out under the guidance of an expert, the later will be entitled to receive a special award of Rs. 1,000.
(6) Last date for submission of the projects is December 20, 2016.
(7) There is no entry fee for participating in the contest.
(8) Contestant has to fill the application form online. The link for the same is available on the website of Marathi Vidnyan Parishad (www.mavipamumbai.org).
(9) After filling the form online, a copy of extended abstract of your reesearch work is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Total number of pages in the report should not exceed three.
Reports should be comprised clearly of following sections :
(b) Name of the contestants (including name of the expert, if applicable),
(c) Name of college,
(d) Aim of the project,
(e) Procedural details,
(f) Inferences and
(10) Project can be taken up as a group activity and can have more than one participant associated with it. But total number of participants should not exceed three. Same participant can be associated with more than one project.
(11) There will be a preliminary scrutiny for selecting projects for final presentation. Intimation regarding the acceptance of the project for final presentation and the date of final presentation will be communicated to the participants in the first week of January (2017).
(12) Final presentation will be held in Mumbai at the end of January (2017). Marathi Vidnyan Parishad will bear travel expenses of the outstation participants. The reimbursement of the travel expenses will be according to the general norms set by Marathi Vidnyan Parishad.
(13) Maximum duration for each presentation will be 15 minutes. Presentation will be followed by queries from the examiners. Language for the presentation of the project can be Marathi/English/Hindi. No name of a new participant (other than those mentioned in the application form), can be added in the final presentation.