|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organization : Marathi Vidnyan Parishad
Competition Name : Science Research Contest – 2017
Applicable For : Open to anybody who is less than 25 years of age on 31/12/2017
Last Date : December 20, 2017.
Website : http://www.mavipamumbai.org/MVP/Pages/
Information Brochure : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/29369-VSP2017.pdf
Entry Form : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeg6fE1IGpcNYQ9aqZocYuNItTR7fYh14tkdgNp1EcoL7Y8oA/viewform
Science Research Contest :
(1) The contest is aimed at promoting interest for research amongst the youngsters. There are three awards each of Rs. 12,000 for this contest.
Related / Similar Contest : Mavipa Mumbai Science Research Contest 2016
The awards are named as :
(i) Parashuram Bajee Agashe Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar,
(ii) Leela Parashuram Agashe Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar and
(iii) Sharad Naik Vidnyan Sanshodhan Puraskar.
(2) Contestant can be from any college in the states of Maharashtra and Goa. Students from any college in Vadodara district in the state of Gujarat and Belagavi/Nippani districts in the state of Karnataka can also participate in the contest. (Marathi Vidnyan Parishad has chapters in these three districts.)
(3) The contest is open to anybody who is less than 25 years of age on 31/12/2017 and will not possess any degree till this date. However, he should be a college student (S.S.C. passed), studying in any of the disciplines. In the case of integrated post-graduation course, students who are studying in first 3 years can only participate in this contest.
(4) Research project can be from any subject related to field of science and technology. You can see a sample list of earlier winning projects at the following link – mavipamumbai.org/MVP/Pages/VSP-Winners.htm
(5) Language for the submission of the project can be Marathi/English/Hindi.
(6) If the winning project has been carried out under the guidance of an expert, the later will be felicitated with a special award of Rs. 2,000.
(7) Last date for submission of the projects is December 20, 2017.
(8) There is no entry fee for participating in the contest.
(9) Contestant has to fill the application form online. The link for the same is available on the website of Marathi Vidnyan Parishad (.mavipamumbai.org).
(10) While filling the form online, you have to upload a PDF copy of project report of your research work. An instruction about uploading the PDF file will appear while filling the online form. Total number of pages in the report should not exceed three. File Should be less than 3 MB in size. The contestant should mention his/her name in the project report. Form without project report will be treated as invalid.
(11) Project report should be comprised clearly of following sections – (a) Title, (b) Name of the contestants (including name of the expert, if applicable), (c) Name of college, (d) Aim of the project, (e) Procedural details, (f) Inferences and (g) Conclusion. (The preliminary scrutiny of the application forms will be based on the contents of the project report. Hence, you are requested to prepare the project report very carefully.)
(12) Project can be taken up as a group activity and can have more than one participant associated with it. But total number of participants should not exceed three. Same participant can be associated with more than one project.
(13) Forms with incomplete information will not be accepted.
(14) There will be a preliminary scrutiny for selecting projects for final presentation. Intimation regarding the acceptance of the project for final presentation and the date of final presentation will be communicated to the participants in the first week of January (2018).
(15) Final presentation will be held in Mumbai at the end of January (2018). Marathi Vidnyan Parishad will bear travel expenses of the outstation participants. The reimbursement of the travel expenses will be according to the general norms set by Marathi Vidnyan Parishad. All contestants will have to produce their college identity card at the time of presentation.