|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organization : Times Internet Limited
Competition Name : The Times of India Write India Season 2 Contest 2017
Applicable For : Users who are Indian citizens
Competition Period : 7th of every month till the 30th of the month
Website : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/books/writeindia.cms
TOI Write India Season 2
25,000 stories made Write India the biggest writing movement ever. The winners are now published authors in the book Write India Stories. The book is a compilation of the top 36 winning stories and can be bought from Amazon and Flipkart .
Related / Similar Post :
TOI Write India Season 3 Contest 2019
India’s largest-ever crowd-sourced short story contest will soon be back with Season 2. Also coming up soon — Write India in Hindi! We made history and we will recreate it again!
Users who are Indian citizens and aged 18 years and above; However, Participants below eighteen years of age may participate in the campaign with parental or guardian guidance and approval before participating in the Campaign.
Participation Fee : There is no entry fee for participation in the Competition.
Campaign Duration : Entries will be accepted from 7th of every month till the 30th of the month.
To participate in the Campaign, the Participant must register with us at www.toi.in/writeindia with the following details
Step 1 : Enter Your Name [Yatin Gupta]
Step 2 : Enter Your Email ID [email@example.com]
Step 3 : Enter Your Phone Number [+91 9123456780]
Step 4 : Enter Your City [New Delhi]
Step 5 : Click Submit button
After complete your registration you will receive the Confirmation message as shown below,
a. 11 Writers! 11 Stories! 11 Winners!
b. The Write India initiative is the country’s first ever short story competition of this kind, providing a writing platform unlike any other.
c. Participant may become a published writer under the tutelage of 11 of India’s most coveted authors.
d. Each month our designated ‘Author of The Month’ will share a passage with Participants. Participants have to develop that passage into a story. Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, engagement, storytelling skills, use of language and structure.
e. Results for each author will be declared after 45 working days.
For 11 months, every month a ‘Winner of the Month’ will be awarded a Kindle. As the Competition draws to a close, our 11 winners will attend a unique Writers Camp and be mentored by some authors from our prominent panel.
The winner shall be informed about his selection through email / leader board section on the Campaign page.
1. The story must allow the reader to take something positive away from it. It could be hope, a sense of happiness, a life lesson, or anything else that fires your imagination.
2. Read carefully the passage provided by the author. You can use it anywhere in your story.
3. Each author has provided some rules. If your story does not abide by the rules, it shall be considered disqualified.
4. DO NOT tamper the Author passage. Entries with ‘split’ passage or with any kind of change in the passage will be disqualified.
5. Stick to a minimum of 1500 words and a maximum of 3000 words.
6. The story must be written in English. Be careful with your editing, grammar and punctuation. Though we are primarily looking for good storytellers, language skill will strengthen your case in case of a tie.
You can write to writeindia [AT] timesinternet.in for any more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Ruskin Bond’s passage?
You can visit the below link for details. timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/books/writeindia/season-2/writeindiaauthor/57084185.cms
2. Why Do Other Authors Like Twinkle Khanna, Ruskin Bond Are Not Providing Any Prompt? When Will They Open Up With Passage?
Each author will share his/her passage in their respective month. For example Anand Neelakantan was July and Ruskin Bond is for August. You can write to writeindia [AT] timesinternet.in for any more information or call us at 0120-6776999 (Ext: 7292, 7291)
3. How Many Short Stories I Should Submit In The Contest?
Each month our designated ‘Author of The Month’ will share a passage with Participants. Participants have to develop that passage into a story. Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, engagement, storytelling skills, use of language and structure.
4. Could you please send me the passage chosen and the Word limit set for October 2017?
Author of the Month of October 2017 is Sudha Murty
Contest Dates : 6 October to 30 October