|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Department of Posts (India Post )
Contest Name : Dhai Akhar/Letter Writing Competition 2017 National
Contest Last Date : 15th August 2017.
Website : https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/IndiaPosthome.aspx
Circular : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/24100-Letter.pdf
National Letter Writing Competition :
India Post is holding National Letter Writing Competition under the ‘Dhai Akhar/Letter Writing Campaign’.
Related / Similar Contest : India Post Letter Writing Competition 2018
The details of the letter writing competition are as follows:
1. Theme of the Letter writing Campaign- “Dear Bapu (Mahatma Gandhi), you inspire me”.
2. Language – English/Hindi/Local language to Bapu or Mahatma Gandhi may be addressed to Chief Postmaster General, Tamilnadu Circle, Chennai 600 002.
3. Size Limit – will not be more than 1000 words- A4 size paper- will not be more than 500 words- Inland Letter Card.
4. Embossed envelope and Inland Letter card (ILC) will be the permitted stationery.
5. Age Limit- No age limit. Open to all age groups.
Upto 18 years:
** Inland Letter Card
Above 18 years:
** Inland Letter Card
7. Campaign period -24th June 2017 to 15th August 2017. Letters posted after 15.08.2017 will not be accepted.
8. In district headquarters and larger towns/cities, a special letter box will be erected or existing letter box will be clearly earmarked in each of the Head Post offices or Mukya Dak Ghar clearly marking the letter box for ‘letter Writing campaign’ and in other smaller towns, in the main delivery Post office.
9. Top three entries at Circle level would be given cash prizes as follows:
a. First Prize – Rs.25,000/-
b. Second Prize – Rs.10,000/-
c. Third Prize – Rs.5,000/-
10. Top 10 letters in each category will be displayed in special philately exhibition that shall be organized during Gandhi Jayanthi at Chennai. The top 10 letters will be rewarded during the exhibition.
11. Top three entries at All India level would be given cash prizes as follows:
a. First Prize – Rs.50, 000/- and title ‘Patron to Post’.
b. Second Prize – Rs.25,000/- and title ‘Companion of Post’
c. Third Prize – Rs.10, 000/- and title ‘Post Pal’.
12. The Prize winning letters will be published in important newspapers.
13. The participants have to give a certificate of their age on the letter such as I certify that I am below/ above the age of18”. In case of winning entries, the age and other ID certificates will be verified by the Circle before sending the best entries to Directorate.
14. Best 3 entries in each category will be sent to Directorate. Those letters will be sent to Sabarmati Ashram by Special messenger. Writers of those letters will be awarded in a function in Sabarmati Ashram on 2nd October 2017.