|You can ask questions or answer to questions about this contest. Please go to the the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : KMRL Kochi Metro Rail Ltd
Competition Name : Architectural Design Competition 2017
Contest Last Date : 30-09-2017
Terms & Conditions : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/26829-archi.pdf
Website : https://kochimetro.org/
Architectural Design Competition :
The Competition is organized by KMRL for the architectural design of two new ferry terminals of Kochi Water Metro.
Related / Similar Competition : EnteKochi Competition 2020
Participants are tasked with creating designs for the new Ferry Terminals at Vytilla and Fort Cochin. The designs should be sensitive to the unique environment in which the terminal will be located, while at the same time, has the potential to become an iconic landmark in its own right.
The competition is open to all.
Design proposals can be developed individually or by teams (4 team members maximum).
The competition is also open to Architectural firms, Architectural students, schools, and colleges offering architecture/design studies.
Competition entry shall be disqualified if –
** It is not submitted in the prescribed guidelines / format.
** If applicants try to influence the board of assessors or indulge in coercion.
** Guidelines and space standards for Barrier Free Built Environment for Disabled and Elderly Person” CPWD
** Model Building Bye-Laws- 2016 Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India
** National Building Code 2005
** Kerala Municipality Building Rules 1997
** Kerala Panchayat Building Rules 2011
** WSF Terminal Design Manual M 3082.05
** Regulation for Developments in the Special Tourism Zone – Fort Kochi
** Leed or Griha
** NFPA 303 – Fire Protection Standard for Marinas & Boatyard
Submission Requirements :
1. Participants are required to submit four (4) A2 landscape-orientated presentation boards with sketches, plans, sections, elevations, diagrams, renderings, and/or other presentation tools to explain their proposal.
2. Presentation boards must not indicate any information related to individual’s/ team‘s identity other than the sheet numbers.
3. The presentation boards / design report shall also be submitted in soft form in CD format.
4. A design report (A4 size) compiling the design methodology and design considerations.
5. All information provided in writing must be in English.
6. Filled-up Registration form attached as Annexure-I in this document shall be scanned and sent via email to ajith.nair [AT] kmrl.co.in for generation of registration number.
Jury & evaluation process :
** The jury panel constituted by KMRL from eminent personalities will be responsible for setting the criteria that participants need to fulfil based on the site and brief and will evaluate each submission accordingly.
** Kochi water metro terminal architectural design is a competition, which encourages participants to experiment with the limits of architecture. The jury may choose to reward projects that show a high degree of creativity, even if they breach any of the rules, as long as it’s justified and can be constructed economically.
Important Dates :
Registration Opens 20 August 2017
Submission Closes 30 September 2017
Jury Evaluation 05 October 2017
Results 10 October 2017