Organisation : GD Goenka University
Competition Name : 3rd Global Antitrust & Competition Law Moot Court Competition 2018
Registration Deadline : 23rd February 2018
Website : http://www.gdgoenkamootcourt.com/
Details : https://www.contest.net.in/uploads/32589-GALMCC.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this contest. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
GD Goenka Global Antitrust & Law Moot Court Competition
With an objective to raise the standards of Clinical Legal Education in India, the GD Goenka University, School of Law announces G D Goenka Moot Court Competition scheduled to be held from 23-25, March 2018.
Related : Government Law College Thiruvananthapuram 13th All India Moot Court Competition 2018 : www.contest.net.in/32350.html
Moot Court Competitions, which are now becoming a mandatory part of law curriculum in all law schools today, offers a practical and application-based approach to learning of law.
It gives the law students, the necessary free space to interpret and analyze legal provisions in context of a given legal regime, while trying to solve a practical problem.
The GDGU School of Law is dedicated to promote this aspect of legal training for ensuring a wholesome legal education, and the 3rd Global Antitrust & Competition law Moot Court Competition 2018is an endeavor of the School of Law in this direction.
Event Of Moot Competition | Date
** Issue of pre invitation – 15th January 2018
** Commencement of registration – 16th January 2018
** Release of Moot Proposition – 10th February 2018
** Final date for Registration – 23rd February 2018.
** Clarifications (if any) – 15th February 2018
** Submission of soft copy of memorials – 19th March 2018
** Final date for Submission of memorials with penalty – 21st March 2018
** Date of Competition – 23rd -25th March 2018
1. The Competition shall be open for ‘bona fide’ students who are pursuing an integrated 5 year LL.B. Programme or 3 year LL.B Programme from an institute/university in India. Such institution must be recognized by the Bar Council of India.
2. Only one team can register from a particular law school/ College/ Institution/University to participate in the Competition.
1 Each participating university/college/institute shall nominate only one team consisting of three student members, out of whom, two will be speakers and one will be the researcher.
2 Any additional member will not be entitled to local hospitality. He shall also be not entitled to any kind of prize/ award in the competition.
3 The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case of illness OR any unforeseen event. Prior permission of the organizers of competition in such case shall be mandatory.
1. The registration of team is considered to be complete, once the registration fee is paid and the registration form is e- mailed with all necessary details.
2. Registration fees one paid will not be refunded.
3. Every team which has registered under the Rules shall be allotted a unique code. Once the unique code has been allotted, every team must use the team code for any communication with the Organizers during the course of the Competition.
4. The participating teams are supposed to refer the REGISTRATION FORM for the purpose of registering their team.
1. There shall be two preliminary rounds on 24th March, 2018, and every team shall be given the opportunity to argue for each side. The Lots for the Preliminary rounds will be drawn on 23th March 2018.
2. The Petitioner shall be allotted a total of 20 minutes to speak, including any surrebuttals. The Respondent shall be allotted 20 minutes for rebuttal and arguments. Any extension of time beyond the specified period shall be subject to the discretion of the judges.
3. The division of time between the speakers is the discretion of the team members, subject to a maximum of 10 minutes for one speaker.
4. Before the commencement of the each round, each team shall indicate to the ‘court officer’ as to how they wish to allocate their time.
5. At the end of the preliminary rounds, the top 8 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals. The top 8 teams will be selected on the basis of number of rounds won.
6. A team shall be credited with a win, if its total marks in the respective session are higher than those of its opponent team.
7. In the case of a tie, combined total marks of both the preliminary rounds shall be considered. The team with the higher score will advance to the Quarter Finals. If the situation of the tie still persists, then it would be resolved by considering the memorial scores.