Organisation : MyGov, Pusa Krishi, ICAR
Contest Name : Agri India Hackathon 2020
Applicable For : Students
Contest Last Date : 21.01.2021
Website : https://innovateindia.mygov.in/agriindiahackathon/
MyGov Agri India Hackathon
Agri India Hackathon is the largest virtual gathering to create dialogues, and accelerate innovations in agriculture.
Related / Similar Contest : MyGov Aatmanirbhar Toys Innovation Challenge 2020
The Agri India Hackathon is organized by Pusa Krishi, ICAR – Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) & Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare.
From the biggest names to the most exciting startups,from learning, innovating to pitching, Agri India Hackathon will unfold incredible things in a never-before virtual experience.
** Indian nationals only.
** Students studying at any Indian university/ institute.
** Start-ups, farmers, and professionals/ employed individuals.
** Solo founders, entrepreneurs, and other individuals.
Agri India Hackathon seeks to create an impact in 5 interconnected areas to provide a roadmap for the future.
The goal :
Collective impact with new-age, fast & frugal innovations to navigate these focus areas.
Mechanization of Farming & Allied Activities :
1. Mechanized puddling, seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting of field and plantation crops
2. Mechanization of hilly agriculture, horticulture, protected cultivation, apiary, livestock, poultry, and fishery
3. Gender friendly small farm mechanization including powered multifunctional equipment
4. Add on, cost-effective technologies for enhancing the efficiency of existing agro-machineries.
Precision Agriculture including applications of sensors, WSN, ICT, Artificial Intelligence, IoT & drone :
1. Monitoring & management of water quality, soil fertility, and health, crop growth and health (pest and diseases, macro & micro-nutrients, water)
2. Variable Rate Technology (VRT) & Robotics
3. Precision livestock farming and aquaculture
4. Data analytics and digital extension including market intelligence
Supply Chain & Agriculture Logistics :
1. Blockchain technology for traceability of agri-produce from Farm to Fork
2. Cost-effective sensor-based real-time monitoring & management of storage and transport system
3. IT-based agriculture logistics including custom hiring services
Post-Harvest, Food Technology & Value addition :
1. Development of devices for assessing quality, grading & sorting, processing of agri-produce
2. Development of biodegradable and smart packaging materials
3. Environment-friendly cost-effective mobile technologies at the farm gate for processing and value addition
4. Manufacturing of functional, ethnic, alternate plant-based food and consumer products
Waste to Wealth & Green Energy in Agriculture :
1. Solar-powered technologies for farm operations and post-harvest drying and storage
2. Ex-situ and in-situ management of agri-residues
3. Innovative products from agro-residues
How to Apply?
All entries must be submitted through creative corner section of www.mygov.in. Entries submitted through any other medium / mode would not be considered for evaluation.
Step-1 : Go to the link given above.
Step-2 : Click on “Click Here to Register” link
Step-3 : Enter your Email ID (or) Mobile Number and
Step-4 : Enter your Password to Login.
Step-5 : After Login, you can submit your entries.
New User, Register First to Participate in the Competition.
** All the submitted applications would be reviewed by our evaluators under different focus areas. Each application will be assessed by a set of evaluators to ensure the best submission gets selected for the next round.
** The applications will be evaluated on different parameters, including but not limited to the market need, novelty of the idea/innovation, stage of development, scalability, potential impact, technical & financial feasibility, commercialization capacity, the team, and the overall business plan.
** Launch & Call for Applications – 31 Dec 2020
** Application Deadline – 20 Jan 2021
Cash Prize :
24 best innovations from different focus areas will be awarded a cash prize of INR 1,00,000 each.
Incubation Support :
The winning innovations will get an exclusive preference for incubation support, pre-seed & seed-stage funding of 5 Lakhs & 25 Lakhs respectively at any one of the 29 RABIs, subject to assessment by the independent RABI.
Field Trial & Tech Validation :
The winning innovations will have the opportunity of field trial and also access technology validation from our network of institutions (if they opt for incubation support)
1. I have two ideas. Can I submit two applications?
No. In the case of multiple entries by an individual/ team, only the last submitted entry will be considered.
2. We’re already working on our idea and are running a startup. Are we eligible for this?
Yes, Agri India Hackathon is open to the idea stage, prototype, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and commercialized startups also.
3. Who will review my application?
All the submitted applications will be carefully reviewed and assessed by our jury members which include industry experts, academicians, educators, and other thought leaders of the agriculture sector.
4. Can we edit our application after submission?
An application cannot be edited once submitted.