Organisation : Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
Contest Name : National Gopal Ratna Award 2023
Applicable For : Citizen Of India
Start Date : Sep 15, 2023
Last Date : Sep 30, 2023
Website : https://awards.gov.in/Home/AwardLibrary
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is National Gopal Ratna Award?
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, is making all the possible efforts for the effective development of Animal Husbandry and Dairy sector to provide sustainable livelihood to the farmers. With an objective to encourage the Milk producing farmer.
Related / Similar Contest : AI Gamechangers Award 2023 MyGov
Individuals working in this sector and Dairy cooperative societies / Milk Producer Company /Dairy farmers Producers organizations who provide market access to the milk producers. This department has decided to confer National Gopal Ratna Award during 2023.
These awards are intended to encourages and facilitated individuals and organizations for adopting innovative new technological practices for productivity enhancement, conservation of indigenous breed and effective management of Dairy cooperative.
Eligibility Criteria of National Gopal Ratna Award
1. Farmers maintaining any of the recognized indigenous breeds out of 53 breed of cattle and 20 breeds of buffaloes shall be eligible to apply for award.
2. A Cooperative society/Milk Producer Company (MPC)/Farmer Producer Organization (FPO) engaged in Dairy activities set up at village level and is registered under Cooperative Societies Act/ Companies Act collecting at least 100 liters of milk per day and having at least 50 farmer/milk producer member.
3. Artificial Insemination Technician of the State/UT Livestock Development Board/State /Milk Federations /NGO’s and other private organizations having undergone Al training for a minimum of 90 days shall be eligible to apply for the award. Since, the award is meant for Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT), the Veterinary Doctors are not eligible for this Award.
How to Apply for National Gopal Ratna Award?
The online nomination would be self-nomination basis by an individual or organization through the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) online award portal, to follow the below steps,
1) Go to the official Website https://awards.gov.in.
2) Click on the Register icon and you will be redirected to a new page
3) Fill in the application form with all requisite details
4) Enter Captcha Code
5) Click on the Submit button
Selection Process of National Gopal Ratna Award
(i) The applications received at MHA website will be preliminary screened by Quality Council of India (QCI) or any other agency hired. The agency will score the applications as per evaluation/score card provided by DAHD and recommend best 20 applications in each category to the Award Screening Committee constituted by DAHD.
Field visit /verification of all shortlisted applications will be undertaken through NDDB/any other agency identified by DAHD.
(ii) The Award Screening Committee, DAHD shall sort out best applicants (preferably 5 in each category) and recommend the same to National Award Committee (NAC).
(iii) The Committee may, if required, carry out physical verification/ seek live video footage, by involving Central/state/NDDB officials or hire an external agencies. The Committee may in its satisfaction seek document proofs necessary for screening. For this purpose, the expenditure will be met from the budget provision of RGM scheme.
(iv) The Committee shall decide the methodology and criteria for screening. The Committee shall maintain the confidentiality on selection of candidates for awards till the names of awardees are announced officially.
(v) The Screening Committee shall reserve the right to reject application, decide on number of awardees to be recommended.
(vi) The Non-Official members of Screening Committee shall be entitled for TA/DA as per General Finance Rules.
Prize of National Gopal Ratna Award
The National Gopal Ratna Award 2023 consists of a Certificate of merit, a memento and monitory prize in first two categories i.e Best Dairy Farmer and Best DCS/FPO/MPCS as under:
1. Rs. 5,00,000/-(Rupee five lakh only) -1st rank
2. Rs. 3,00,000/- (Rupee three lakh only)- 2nd Rank
3. Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupee two lakh only) -3rd rank
In case of Best Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT) category, National Gopal Ratna Award-2023 will consist of a Certificate of merit and a memento only. No cash prize will be provided in Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT) Category.