Organization : The Art Society of India
Competition Name : 98th All India Annual Art Exhibition 2016
Applicable For : Students & Professional Artists
Exhibition Dates : 26th January to 1st February 2016
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
2016 Salon 65th All India Exhibition of Photography : www.contest.net.in/4538.html
98th All India Annual Art Exhibition 2016 :
Entries are invited from students & Professional Artists for our All India Annual Art Exhibition to be held from 26th January to 1st February 2016 at Jehangir Art Gallery, Kala Ghoda, Mumbai. This year the display will cover the auditorium as well as the 3 A/c Galleries on the ground floor of the complex.
Art Society 99th Annual Art Exhibition 2017 : www.contest.net.in/18615.html
Important Information :
Phase I – Receiving Entries :
** Dates -22nd Nov. to 29th Nov. 2015
** Time -12.00 noon to 6.00 p.m
** Venue -‘Art Society of India’ office: 524, Sandhurst House,1st Floor, S. V. P. Rd., Opera House, Mumbai 4. Ph.: 23888550
** Categories- Painting / Graphics / Sculpture / Installation Art*
** Paintings*/Graphics* -Min. Size: 12” x 16” & Max. Size: 48” x 48” (inclusive of frames)
** Sculptures- Not weighing more than 25kgs.
** Number of Entries- Maximum 3 Entries per artist (Incl.all categories)
** Entry Fees- Members Rs. 100 per entry & Non Members Rs. 150 per entry
** List of selected entries- 16th Dec. 2015 (on the society’s website/office)
Details for Entries in Digital format :
** Resolution: Digital images of actual exhibits must be 2100 pixels in width (horizontal images) or 2100 pixels in height (vertical images) not larger than 3000 pixels in width or height. Example: A digital image measuring 5 x 7 inches at 300dpi (dots per inch) would be 1500 pixels x 2100 pixels.
** File format: Images must be in JPEG format. Save the images at maximum quality.
** File Names: File name must include: Artist Name, Category (painting/sculpture/ graphic/drawing), Title of exhibit, Dimensions (in inches with height first), Medium, Price in Indian rupees.
** Example of file name: Vilas-Patil_Painting_Old-is-Gold_18x32_Oil-On-Canvas_27000.jpg
** Note: Only entries in digital format on CD/DVD will be accepted
Phase II – Submission of the selected entries:
** Dates -4th to 8th Jan.2016, 12 noon to 6 pm
** Venue- ‘Aryan Education Society’s High School,75 Jagannath Shankarsheth Marg, Girgaon, Mumbai,400004
Rules for the exhibition :
The selection of entries and allotment of awards will be at the discretion of the judging committee appointed by the society. The judging committee’s decision will be final. The Judging Committee may select or reject any entry. The judging committee may not allot any award in one or more categories, if no work is considered worthy of it. The Judging Committee will not assign any reason for their decision. No participant will get the Travelling Scholarship or the Society’s Prize more than once.
1. Artists submitting entries in Professional category must have completed 18 years of age.
2. All entries sent in for exhibition must be bona fide works of the exhibitors.
3. All the entries sent in must be in the category of either Painting or Sculpture or Graphics.
4. Works sent in for Competition must be original work of art and must not have been exhibited before in any competitive exhibition and the participant has to sign a declaration about it. Should the declaration in this regard found to be incorrect of false, the committee shall be entitled to reject the entry, even at the time of or before or during the exhibition.
5. Students are required to produce a photocopy of a valid identify card along with the bona fide Certificate of the Govt. recognized institute they are studying in. They will be required to produce original Identity Card at the time of submission of entry.
6. All sales will be effected through the Society. The amount thus collected will be paid to the artist after deducting 25% of the sale amount as commission payable to the society.
7. There shall be a non-refundable entry fee of Rs.100/- per exhibit for members and Rs.150/- per exhibit for non-members. Each artist isentitled to send maximum 3 of his/her best works of art. Non-members can enroll themselves as members and avail themselves of the concession in entry fee offered for members. We make a very earnest appeal to artists to send fresh and best of their original works.
The participants have to submit a CD containing images of their three artworks (Refer to details on Page 2). Participants submitting the CDs in person may pay the entry fee in cash/Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Art Society of India” payable at Mumbai. Those sending CDs by post/Courier should send the entry fee (calculated as shown below) along with CD, by “DD only” in favor of ”The Art Society of India.” Cheques will not be accepted.